The Penguins return home to host the Buffalo Sabres.
MATCH: Penguins vs. Sabres
TIME: 7 p.m. ET
PLACE: PPG Paints Arena
TV: AT&T SportsNet
RADIO: 105.9 FM, the X
1. The Penguins enter this game with a number of good streaks going. First of all, they have won 5 straight games at home, where they are unbeaten so far this season. Going back to last year's playoffs, the Pens have a 12-game unbeaten stretch (11-0-1).
2. The Pens are also on a 12-game point streak against Buffalo (11-0-1), which includes 6 straight home wins. The Sabres are seeking their first victory in Pittsburgh since winning both visits in the 2012-13 season.
3. Playing the Sabres might be just what Sidney Crosby needs to break out of his 11-game goalless drought, as he has points in 24 of his last 26 games against Buffalo dating back to Dec. 29, 2007. He has 12 goals, 30 assists and 42 points in that span.
4. One player who hasn't had trouble finding the back of the net is Phil Kessel. He enters tonight on a 3-game goal-scoring streak and leads the Pens with 7 goals, 15 assists and 22 points. Meanwhile, linemate Evgeni Malkin enters tonight on a 3-game point streak, where he has a goal and 4 assists.
5. Tonight is the team's annual Veterans Day celebration at PPG Paints Arena. The players will be wearing commemorative camouflage jerseys in the pre-game warmup tonight, which will then be autographed and auctioned online, with proceeds benefitting the Veterans Leadership Program of Western Pennsylvania. A number of other initiatives are planned as well.
PIT - Matt Hunwick (concussion), Carter Rowney (hand)
BUF - Evan Rodrigues (hand), Zach Bogosian (lower body), Jacob Josefson (lower body), Rasmus Ristolainen (upper body)
* The Pens held an optional morning skate. Sidney Crosby, Phil Kessel and Kris Letang were all absent, as were Matt Hunwick and Carter Rowney.