The Penguins are in the Big Apple to play the New York Rangers.
MATCH: Penguins vs. Rangers
TIME: 7 p.m. EST
PLACE: Madison Square Garden
TV: AT&T SportsNet
RADIO: 105.9 FM, the X
5 NOTES ON THE GAME:
1. The Rangers are struggling to start this season, as they rank 29th in the league standings with a 1-5 record. Their only win came on Oct. 8, a 2-0 win over the Montreal Canadiens. Since then, they have dropped three straight.
2. It's not going to get any easier for them tonight, as they will likely go up against Matt Murray in goal - who is 6-0 in his career against New York and 4-0 here at Madison Square Garden (regular season and playoffs). Overall, Murray has compiled a 1.64 goals-against average and .940 save percentage in those 6 games.
3. The Rangers will also be facing a red-hot Sidney Crosby, who scored twice in Pittsburgh's 4-3 win over Florida on Saturday and has tallied at least one goal in 6 of his last 7 games against the Rangers, recording 11 points (7G-4A) in that span.
4. Four different Pens players will be looking to extend point streaks tonight. Bryan Rust and Olli Maatta are both on 4-game career-long streaks while Conor Sheary and Kris Letang are both on 3-game scoring stretches. On the other side, Mika Zibanejad recorded at least one goal in each of the Rangers' first 4 games for a total of 5.
5. Ian Cole, who hasn't played since taking a slap shot to the mouth from Roman Josi on Oct. 7, skated with the team for a second straight day and will be a game-time decision for tonight.
PIT - Ian Cole (puck to the face)
NYR - None
* The Pens held an optional morning skate. Absent were Sidney Crosby, Phil Kessel, Patric Hornqvist, Carl Hagelin and Matt Hunwick.