The Pens finish off a back-to-back 2-game road trip tonight in Montreal.
MATCH: Penguins vs. Canadiens
TIME: 7:30 p.m. EST
PLACE: Bell Centre
TV: AT&T SportsNet
RADIO: 105.9 FM, the X
1. Pittsburgh is looking to bounce back from a frustrating 4-3 overtime loss to the Rangers in New York on Wednesday night. The Pens lost leads of 2-0 and 3-2 in the 3rd period.
2. Evgeni Malkin was held scoreless against the Rangers, ending his 6-game scoring streak. Prior Malkin was held scoreless once in a 13-game span. He has had success in Montreal's Bell Centre in his career with 20 points (8G-12A) in 18 career games. Malkin's 87 points still rank 2nd in the NHL (Nikita Kucherov, 91).
3. Riley Sheahan, who scored just 2 goals in 80 games last season, notched his 10th goal of the season against the Rangers. It marks the 3rd time in the past 4 seasons in which Sheahan has hit double digits in goals.
4. The Canadiens are expected to miss the playoffs for the 2nd time in the past 3 seasons, and the 3rd time since 2011-12.
5. Montreal has lost 5 straight games.
PIT - Zach Aston-Reese (upper-body), Bryan Rust (concussion), Matt Murray (concussion), Dominik Simon (lower-body).
MTL - Ales Hemsky (concussion), Victor Mete (finger), Carey Price (concussion), David Schlemko (upper-body), Rinat Valiev (lower-body), Shea Weber (foot).
* The Pens did not hold a morning skate due to playing the night before in New York and a late-night arrival in Montreal.
* Projected lines: