* The Pens begin another long road trip, a 5-game, 12-day trek through the west coast: Anaheim; Los Angeles; San Jose; Arizona; Vegas.
* Pittsburgh is 9-1 in its past 10 games, while outscoring opponents 40-15.
* The Pens' PK is 22 for 24 (92%) in the last 10 games, and 30 of 33 (90.9%) in the past 13.
* Pens defenseman Marcus Pettersson is playing in Anaheim for the 1st time since the Pens acquired him on Dec. 3. The former Duck is riding a 4-game point streak (5A).
* Goaltender Matt Murray has been perfect since returning from a lower-body injury on Dec. 15. He is 8-0 with a 1.24 GAA and .963 save percentage while posting 2 shutouts.
* The Pens signed goalie Casey DeSmith to a 3-year contract extension.
* Blueliner Kris Letang was added to the NHL All-Star Game after a fan vote in the "Last Men In" category.
* Anaheim completes a season-long 6 game homestand tonight against Pittsburgh. Since defeating Pittsburgh, 4-2, on Dec. 17, the Ducks have gone 0-6-3.
* Whitehall, Pa. native John Gibson was named to the NHL All-Star Game, his 2nd career selection.
* The Ducks have struggled on offense. Ryan Getzlaf leads the club with 29 points while 3 players are tied for the goal lead at 11.
PIT - Zach Aston-Reese (upper-body), Patric Hornqvist (concussion), Justin Schultz (left leg fracture).
ANA - Patrick Eaves (broken rib), Ryan Miller (MCL sprain), Corey Perry (knee).