The Pittsburgh Penguins square off against the Washington Capitals on Thursday, October 13, 2011 at CONSOL Energy Center. Here are some tips for fans who plan to attend the game:
- Doors will open at 6:00 pm for the 7:00 pm start
- The Penguins will wear their black home jerseys
o The jerseys of both teams will feature commemorative Lokomotiv patches in memory of the Russian KHL team lost in a tragic plane crash last month. Players will autograph the game-worn and game-issued jerseys afterward and auction them off at nhl.com. The auction will run through October 27, 2011. All proceeds will benefit the Lokomotiv players’ children and families.
- Pittsburgh Penguins wives and girlfriends will sell remembrance bracelets for $10 along the concourses to benefit the Lokomotiv families
- Visit PensGear powered by Reebok to purchase Thursday’s “Item of the Game”
o Penguins Aqua Mouse - only $19.99
- Purchase a Pittsburgh Penguins Foundation Charity ASSIST Raffle ticket for your chance to win a $4,000 prize. Proceeds benefit Autism Speaks.
- Stop by the “Carvery” located by Section 107 to purchase one of Thursday’s special chef-prepared creations:
o Jamaican jerk pork with a sweet cabbage slaw and mango BBQ sauce served on a rustic baguette
o “The Carvery” also features a special “South of the Border” menu including pulled pork, BBQ chicken and black bean quesadillas
- Stop by “The Landing” located by Section 102 to purchase one of Thursday’s special kabob creations
o Carne Asada with corn and black bean salsa
- Listen for instructions on how to participate in the Penguins Drive Away Survey for a chance to win a 3-year lease on a Subaru Outback 2.5i courtesy of the Penguins and the Power of Bowser