The 2019 World Championship is underway in Slovakia. The Pens have 7 players representing their native countries in the international tournament. Here is a quick look back on the action from the last few days.
* Dominik Simon had a goal and two assists as the Czech Republic defeated Latvia, 6-3, on Thursday.
* Teddy Blueger was held off the scoresheet for Latvia in that loss to the Czech Republic, but scored his first goal of the tournament in a 3-0 win over Italy on Tuesday.
Blueger currently ranks second among all players with a 74.4-percent success rate in the faceoff circle. He has taken 53 more draws than William Nylander, who currently ranks first with a 76.5-percent success rate.
* Patric Hornqvist and Marcus Pettersson helped Sweden defeat Austria 9-1 on Thursday. Hornqvist collected two assists in the game to give him seven points (5G-2A) so far in the tournament. Sweden has scored five or more goals in all four of its games (3-0-1).
* Jared McCann went pointless as Canada defeated France, 5-2, on Thursday. Matt Murray served as the backup.
* Evgeni Malkin also went pointless as Russia ended up with a 10-0 win over Italy on Wednesday. They are currently a perfect 4-0 in the tournament.
Catch up on all the action of Pens players at the tournament here.