The Pittsburgh Penguins and Street Hockey USA will present the 2009 Penguins Power Play Street Hockey Tournament Nov. 7-8 at Greater Pittsburgh DekHockey in Penn Hills.
Proceeds from the event will benefit the inner-city Hockey in the Hood program.
Competition will be held in the following divisions: Men’s (16 and over) C, D and Novice; Youth 7-9, 10-12 and 13-15. Youth divisions will be separated by skill level, where possible. A player’s age as of Jan. 1, 2009 determines eligibility.
Cost is $200 per team, and each team is guaranteed three games.
Prizes will be given to each member of the championship and runner-up teams. Team trophies also will be awarded to the champions and runners-up.
Rules are as follows:
- The ASHI/IDTA rulebook will be used
- Each team uses four runners and a goalie
- Center line is offside
- Body checking and fighting are forbidden
- Matching color shirts are required
- Gloves are required
- Players under 18 must wear helmet and face cage
- Goaltenders must wear full equipment
- Games consist of two 12-minute running-time periods.
- Clock will stop in last three minutes if score is within two or less.
The minimum roster is six players, maximum is nine. Men’s C teams may use up to three “A” players; Men’s D and Novice Teams may not use “A” players.
For more information, please call 412-231-6759. The email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment is required 10 days in advance of the tournament. Mail payment to: Street Hockey USA, 9 Waterside Place, Pittsburgh, PA 15222.