I hope this letter finds you well. For those of you that attended the Florida Panthers Coca-Cola Town Hall Meeting last night at the BankAtlantic Center, I want to sincerely thank you for your passion and loyalty to this franchise.
If you were in attendance during last night’s event, you heard General Manager Dale Tallon and Assistant General Manager Mike Santos talk about the Blueprint they have implemented to get this team back to the playoffs, and ultimately compete for the Stanley Cup. That Blueprint is as follows:
- Focus on core traits of character, skill, size, speed and more character
- Maintain and grow new positive culture, attitude and work ethic
- Continue to develop amateur and minor league prospects
- Execute smart trades and negotiations
- Conduct another successful NHL Entry Draft, June 24-25, 2011
- Acquire quality free agents beginning July 1, 2011
- Continue to build team up the middle with strong centers, defense and goaltending
Clearly, Dale and Mike have a proven plan in place, and General Partner Cliff Viner is committed to doing what’s necessary to execute that plan. As Dale said, the Blueprint takes time. But we’ve already taken some significant steps, not only with our highly-rated 2010 draft class, but also in terms of changing the culture and the attitude in and around our locker room.
That said, I would urge you to continue to support us, continue to bring your passion and energy to the BankAtlantic Center every gamenight, and look forward to the bright future the Florida Panthers franchise has in front of it.
Thank you again, happy holidays and go Panthers.
Michael R. Yormark
President & COO
Florida Panthers Hockey Club