MacKenzie Weegar joins this week's episode of the Territory Talk podcast to discuss how he's ramping up his training in preparation for an eventual return to hockey. The Panthers defenseman also talks about his development, recent impulse purchases and what he took away from The Last Dance.
Also, Doug Plagens and Jameson Olive discuss '90s sports. Highlights of the episode include:
• What's new this week? (0:40)
• MacKenzie Weegar joins the show! (4:50)
• Weegar's thoughts on how the Panthers were playing before the pause. (6:00)
• Weegar shares what he's learned from assistant coach Mike Kitchen. (11:05)
• Weegar discusses The Last Dance and Michael Jordan's legacy. (14:45)
• What's the go-to cookie to eat on game day? (18:05)
• Basketball has shoes. Baseball has hats. What does hockey need? (22:30)
• Why were sports so great in the '90s? (25:30)
If you'd like new episodes of the Territory Talk podcast delivered directly to your phone or inbox each week, visit FloridaPanthers.com/TerritoryTalk to subscribe through iTunes, Google Play, SoundCloud or Spotify.