SUNRISE, Fla. – Sunrise Sports & Entertainment unveiled today it’s new tagline, “Pledge” and “Contract With The Community” to fans and supporters at a Town Hall Meeting with Co-Managing Partners Cliff Viner and Stu Siegel.
The new corporate tagline – Accountability. Accessibility. Winning Culture. – echoes the statements, philosophies and new company attitude that both Viner and Siegel outlined during their introductory press conference, and have since implemented in to SSE’s daily operations.
The Pledge represents SSE’s repositioned mission statement on how it will conduct business moving forward, while the Contract With The Community is a 10-point list of SSE’s commitment to the South Florida community, it’s fans, partners, supporters and the like.
In addition to these unveilings, prior to the Panthers-Avalanche game, Viner, Siegel and SSE president & COO Michael Yormark spent nearly an hour taking questions from fans about the Panthers, the BankAtlantic Center and the overall business. Town Hall Meetings such as this one are expected to take place quarterly and are part of SSE’s commitment to accessibility which has also included Viner and Siegel greeting fans before games, opening up to the media, writing blogs, answering fan e-mails and more.
Please find the text of the Pledge and Contract With The Community below:
- We pledge to be accountable for our decisions, actions and results. We will rise to meet the expectations of this community, for both our hockey franchise and our entertainment offerings.
- We pledge to be accessible to our fans, media, partners and supporters. From ownership to executives to players to coaches to staff, our constituents will always find us within reach.
- We pledge to build and maintain a winning culture by foregoing all excuses and distractions, and focusing on reaching our goals and achieving the success that we want, and this community deserves.
- We pledge to give back to the community that we call our own by reaching out to our less fortunate neighbors.
- We pledge to be a first class organization that conducts itself with dignity, ethics and professionalism, and encompasses all of the attributes that make a team, and an organization, one that you are proud to call your own.
Contract With The Community
1. We commit to putting a Florida Panthers hockey team on the ice that all of our fans, partners and supporters can be proud of.
2. We commit to drafting, signing and developing hockey players that feel a natural connection to this community and will act as high character role models to our fans and partners both on and off the ice.
3. We commit to growing hockey in South Florida and putting hockey sticks in kids’ hands wherever possible.
4. We commit to raising awareness for child fitness through dynamic outreach initiatives such as Stick 2 Fitness.
5. We commit to providing elite customer service to all of our constituents and offering a first class in-arena experience that is second to none in the sports and entertainment industry.
6. We commit to encouraging feedback from all of our supporters and being open-minded regarding changes that will help make us become a better company.
7. We commit to donating $1 million in kind to South Florida charitable organizations each year, and remaining active in the community with our owners, executives, players, coaches and staff.
8. We commit to being a good corporate citizen and business partner within the South Florida marketplace and beyond.
9. We commit to bringing world-class entertainment to the BankAtlantic Center all year round.
10. We commit to enhancing the overall visibility of the South Florida market through the universal breadth and scope of our brands including the BankAtlantic Center, the Florida Panthers Hockey Club, incredible ICE skating facility and more.
Sunrise Sports & Entertainment is the premier company of its kind in South Florida. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, MySpace and YouTube. Home to more than 200 events annually and the Florida Panthers Hockey Club, the BankAtlantic Center was a finalist for Arena of the Year in annual awards given by trade publication Pollstar. The BankAtlantic Center welcomes more than two million guests each year and is also the home of Sawgrass Live presented by BankAtlantic.