Sunrise, Fla. – The Florida Panthers Foundation announced today that its charity Golf Classic presented by Fore Golf on Monday, Dec. 13 at Heron Bay Golf Club in Coral Springs is officially sold out. The Florida Panthers Foundation Golf Classic is an all-day event to support the fight against pediatric cancer and will feature 36 foursomes teeing it up with the entire Panthers team including players, coaches, staff and management. Registration opens at 8 a.m. with a shotgun start at 9:30 a.m.
The event is also sponsored by Pop Chips, Mayors Jewelers, JetBlue Airways, Giovanni’s Coal Fired Pizza, Heron Bay Golf Club, Southern Wine & Spirits, DEX Imaging, South Florida Ford, Tenet Healthcare Corporation, Marriott Harbor Beach, Millenium Laser Eye Centers, Merrill Lynch & Bart Cohodas, CIMA, Nova Southeastern University, The Original Brooklyn Water Bagel Co., AdGraphics, Sheer Bliss, National Deli, ADT Security Services, FOX Sports Florida and the Coral Springs Marriott.
In addition to the tournament itself, fans can look forward to food and drink vendors on select holes, raffles, silent auctions, contests for a hole-in-one and longest drive, appearances from the Florida Panthers Ice Dancers and Stanley C. Panther, and more.
Fans interested in supporting the Foundation and the charity Golf Classic can contact Community Development & Foundation Coordinator Darren Perry at 954.835.7715 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
, for information. Heron Bay Golf Club is located at 11801 Heron Bay Blvd., Coral Springs, FL 33076.
“We are excited to announce a sell out for the Florida Panthers Foundation Golf Classic, which is back as a pillar event in our pledge to support the fight against pediatric cancer,” said Foundation Executive Director Rachel Brooke. The Florida Panthers Foundation has had a busy season thus far with highlights including:
The Foundation’s “Panthers Pledge for Pediatric Cancer”:
- A charitable suite purchased by Panthers players
- A $400,000 donation to the Broward Health Foundation
- The “Saves For Kids” program with goalies Tomas Vokoun and Scott Clemmensen
- The sold out Florida Panthers Foundation Face Off Luncheon which raised more than $165,000
- The “Sellout For Charity Program”
- President & COO Michael Yormark’s chairmanship of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Light The Night Walk in Broward County which raised over $120,000
- Participation in the Cooperative Feeding Program during Thanksgiving week
- A Thanksgiving feast for underprivileged families from the Boys & Girls Club of Broward County at Pete’s Café Bella Sera
- We pledge to donate over $250,000 to individuals and families affected by pediatric cancer.
- We pledge to volunteer staff hours to assist individuals and families affected by pediatric cancer.
- We pledge to provide unique opportunities and once-in-a-lifetime experiences for individuals and families affected by pediatric cancer.
- We pledge to cultivate relationships and create alliances with community organizations that are focused on supporting individuals and families affected by pediatric cancer.
Sunrise Sports & Entertainment is the premier company of its kind in South Florida. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. Home to more than 200 events annually and the Florida Panthers Hockey Club, the BankAtlantic Center welcomes more than two million guests each year.