SUNRISE, Fla. – The Florida Panthers had a record-breaking December with the Florida Panthers Foundation undertaking numerous initiatives including Panthers players visiting four area hospitals, holding a Toys for Tots toy drive and partnering with Panthers D Mike Van Ryn to deliver donated Christmas trees to Habitat For Humanity's Harmony Village in Davie. Additionally, the Florida Panthers Foundation partnered with the Panthers players to donate $3,000 worth of toys to the Broward County firefighters and paramedics after their toys were stolen prior to the holiday season.
"This has been one of the busiest months in the history of the Florida Panthers Foundation," said V.P. of Community Development Randy Moller. "We have worked on numerous projects in the South Florida community this month to give back to those in need during the holiday season and look forward to a busy new year. With our plans progressing for this year's Ice & Dice Casino Night, 2007 looks to be another remarkable year for the Florida Panthers Foundation."
Additionally in the month of December the Florida Panthers Foundation worked on initiatives including:
- Working with the wives of the Florida Panthers to create uniquely decorated Christmas trees to auction off before Panthers home games on December 7 and December 12.
- Continuing the popular 50/50 Chance Drawing. Before home games, fans have the opportunity to purchase a raffle ticket and the lucky winner will walk away with half of the total proceeds from that night.
- The Florida Panthers Foundation continues to work with such players as Olli Jokinen, Todd Bertuzzi, Mike Van Ryn, Chris Gratton and Ed Belfour in implementing their charity programs.
The Florida Panthers Foundation supported various charities in December by sponsoring the following events:
- The Andy Roddick Foundation's 6th Annual Gala and Tennis Event
- Fort Lauderdale Harley Davidson 8th Annual Biker's Bash
- Comcast Cares 2nd Annual Golf Classic
The Florida Panthers sponsored a boat in the Seminole Hard Rock Winterfest Boat Parade this year. The Panthers and incredibleIce Boat won the Entertainment Showboat Award. Ice Skaters from incredibleIce skated on top of the Fish City Pride to the music of the Lion King. Stanley C. Panther along with his incredible Friends were on board as well.
The Florida Panthers Foundation continues to work on plans for its 2nd Annual Florida Panthers Ice & Dice Casino Night presented by Publix. With Florida Panthers players working as dealers, the Foundation anticipates a large crowd for an over the top Las Vegas-style, five-star evening which fans can't afford to miss. Guests will also be able to take part in on-ice activities, games and contests. The entire Panthers family – including players and their wives or girlfriends – will make the BankAtlantic Center a full house on Feb. 15. Lucky guests will enjoy gourmet delicacies and a silent auction featuring: Panthers and NHL memorabilia, concert tickets, golf packages, cruises, and exquisite jewelry.
For more information about any of the player charities or the Panthers Foundation please contact Jean Marshall at (954) 835-7720 or firstname.lastname@example.org.