Good morning and welcome to the latest edition of Rats Roundup!
Aleksander Barkov and Pavel Barber went head-to-head on the beach, Grateful Dead Night's return was announced and more! Sit back, relax and catch up on all the latest Panthers news!
Let's Go to the Beach
Due to a friendly chirp session on social media, Aleksander Barkov and Youtube star Pavel Barber decided to settle their feud on the ice, well...beach.
In Partnership with HockeyShot, synthetic ice was set up on Ft. Lauderdale beach for a shootout competition between Barkov and Barber.
Check out the full recap below!
Turns out that Barber is also keeping tabs of the sweet stuff Barky has been doing in games as well.
'Truckin' to BB&T Center
Calling all Dead Heads! Grateful Dead Night is returning to BB&T Center on March 8 when the Minnesota Wild come to town. You can purchase tickets HERE but remember to use the promo code: GRATEFUL.
Fans can also purchase an all-inclusive seating option in Lord Stanley's Loft for $93 and $162 in Corona Beach House. Season ticket holders can add on the evening's Grateful Dead Night activities by purchasing the add-on available HERE.
All fans who purchase tickets to Grateful Dead Night will receive an exclusive Grateful Dead Night T-Shirt as part of the ticket package. For more information on everything Grateful Dead, visit Dead.net.
Join us on Saturday, Feb. 23 for the final Legacy Saturday night of the season! We will be honoring Stephen Weiss when the Los Angeles Kings come to BB&T Center for a 5 p.m. matchup.
Weiss was a mainstay in South Florida for over a decade. A proud Panther, the native of Toronto, Ontario played a franchise record 654 games for the Cats. On his way to that milestone, Weiss produced 394 points, the second-most in club history and a franchise-best 249 assists.
A heart and soul player for the Panthers, Weiss stuck by the organization despite enduring a decade-long postseason drought that hung heavy over the team. That is, until 2011-12, where Weiss helped lead the Panthers to the franchise's first-ever division title and playoff berth in 12 years. In that season, Weiss was a key cog in the team's offense anchoring the first line and producing 57 points (20-37-57).
The Panthers are starting to piece together a run similar to last season's second-half surge. Do they have what it takes to keep pushing for a playoff spot down the home stretch? Doug, Jameson and Pete sit down this week to discuss that topic and more, with a few Panthers soundbites sprinkled in. Listen below and head to FloridaPanthers.com/TerritoryTalk to listen to past episodes!
Jonathan Huberdeau will be stopping by the IT'SUGAR store at the Sawgrass Mills Mall from 5-6 p.m. Stop by, get an autograph and pick up a box of Huby Snacks to satisfy your sweet tooth!
Huby Snacks are a limited-edition box of Sweeties box filled with the star athletes' favorite candies, features gummi peach rings, gummi sour watermelon, gummi sour twin cherries and strawberry licorice wheels. 100% of net proceeds from "Huby Snacks" benefits La Fondation des Cougars, a charity selected by Huberdeau.
If you can't make it, be sure to pick up a box at BB&T Center, select IT'SUGAR stores or online at www.itsugar.com.
- Don't wait any longer and get your 2019-20 season tickets today!
- Aleksander Barkov and Jonathan Huberdeau have been human highlight reels in the past few games. Click HERE to see why.
- Don't forget to sign up for Try Hockey for Free Day! Click to find the nearest rink to you!
- Aleksander Barkov had arguably the goal of the year during a 6-3 victory against the Canadiens on Sunday. See how his teammates reacted HERE.
- Are you a college student? Are you looking for a fun night out on Saturday? Then join us at BB&T Center for Student Rush!
- The Cats, in collaboration with the African-American Research Library and Cultural Center, held a screening of 'Soul on Ice' for youth invitees from Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward County, Urban League of Broward County, Broward County Parks & Recreation and YMCA of South Florida as part of their Black Heritage Month Educational outreach.