Welcome to the first Friday of 2017! Go ahead and take a break, crank some tunes and enjoy this year's first Rats Roundup.
Busy at work? Don't worry, you've got 51 more Fridays to be productive this year. Let's dive right in.
Demers' Diary Returns
Talented defender and valued source of Harry Potter knowledge Jason Demers penned the latest entry in his blog series this week - and, as it turns out, he's not the biggest fan of New Year's resolutions.
"Now before anyone asks about my resolutions, I have to tell you that I'm not really big on them," he said. "I just don't believe in the idea of it.
"I think people that do New Year's resolutions do so because they're trying to find a day to quit something. I've never really thought about making any resolutions."
Go ahead and file that one away in your "Jason Demers' Thoughts on Holidays" folder, alongside his (incredible) Halloween costume, his Thanksgiving mashed potato mishap and his thoughts on Christmas shopping.
Top 10 of 2016
Our own Jameson Olive compiled his top 10 moments from an unforgettable year for the Cats - a year that had a heavy dose of Kevin Spacey, a 12-game win streak and, of course, a bevy of Jagr milestones. https://www.nhl.com/panthers/news/panthers-top-10-moments-of-2016/c-285200538
Video: Jagr takes over second all-time in NHL points (1,888)
Speaking of the Czech legend, tonight is the Panthers' official Jaromir Jagr Night. So grab those tickets and come spend your evening at the BB&T Center as we recognize one of the greatest to ever play.
Bonus: there *may* even be a special Jagr mullet Snapchat filter tonight…
- We lost a Panthers legend this week. Our statement on the passing of Marti Huizenga.
- The story behind Joe Everson's incredible anthem performance.
- Keith Yandle hit a milestone this week for games played.
- Panthers Palooza is back! Come chat with Doug Cifu, Steve Goldstein and more - and enjoy a night of social media fun!
- MacKenzie Weegar was named an AHL All-Star yesterday. Plus, more notes from the Thunderbirds and other Cats prospects in this week's In The Pipeline.