Panthers to Unveil Championship Banner on Opening Night
SUNRISE, FL – The Florida Panthers announced today their 82-game, 2012-13 regular season schedule, highlighted by an unprecedented 30 home games on either Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday. It marks Florida’s 20th year in the National Hockey League and 14th season at the BankAtlantic Center since the venue opened in 1998. The 2012-13 season is presented by Party City.
VIEW FULL SCHEDULE
Florida opens the 2012-13 slate with a home game against their intrastate rivals the Tampa Bay Lightning on Saturday, Oct. 13 at 7:30 p.m. Opening night festivities include a special pre-game ceremony, where the Panthers will unveil their 2011-12 Southeast Division Championship banner above the Lexus Rink at the BankAtlantic Center. The Panthers travel to Washington for their first road contest of the season on Monday, Oct. 15 against the Capitals. Florida closes out the 2012-13 campaign at home against the Pittsburgh Penguins on Saturday, Apr. 13 at 7:30 p.m.
“With the help of Dale Tallon and the National Hockey League, we have created a tremendous schedule that our fans should be really excited about,” said Florida Panthers President & Chief Operating Officer Michael Yormark. “Next season, we welcome the NY Rangers (Nov. 21 & Dec. 31), Detroit Red Wings (Nov. 23), Montreal Canadiens (Dec. 28) and the Tampa Bay Lightning (Dec. 26) all around the holidays. In addition, the defending Stanley Cup Champion Los Angeles Kings visit South Florida on Mar. 30, while the Eastern Conference Champion New Jersey Devils make two trips to the BankAtlantic Center (Dec. 13 & Jan. 19). We look forward to sharing another memorable season with our fans beginning in October.”
“We have put together a schedule that is favorable for both our team and our fans,” said Florida Panthers Executive VP/GM Dale Tallon. “With 20 home contests in the last three months of the season, including five of our last nine games to complete the regular season, it should once again prove to be an exciting time for Panthers fans.”
2012-13 Regular Season Highlights:
Panthers Hockey Seven Days A Week: Florida will host home contests on every day of the week, including eight family fun Sunday contests, four Monday games, five Tuesdays, two Wednesdays, seven Thursdays, five games on Ford Fridays and 10 Saturday contests.
Start Times: All Panthers home games (Monday-Saturday) will begin at 7:30 p.m. unless circumstances – such as national television start times or special holiday games - dictate otherwise.
Family Fun Sundays: The Panthers will host eight games on Sunday next year with the majority of the games starting at 6 p.m., with the exception of Feb. 10 against Carolina that will begin at 3 pm. All Sunday home games will once again be “Family Fun Sundays” with interactive games and contests for kids and families.
Thanksgiving Feast: The Panthers will start out the week of Thanksgiving on the road against Washington (Nov. 18), before hosting the NY Rangers (Thanksgiving Eve, Nov. 21) and the Detroit Red Wings (Nov. 23). Florida completes the week hosting their intrastate rivals the Tampa Bay Lightning (Nov. 25).
Holiday Hockey: After the Christmas holiday, the Panthers will host the Tampa Bay Lightning (Dec. 26), Montreal Canadiens (Dec. 28) and NY Rangers (New Year’s Eve, Dec. 31). The Panthers will face the Carolina Hurricanes on the road on Dec. 29.
Quite A Home Stand: Panthers fans will get to see a lot of hockey at the BankAtlantic Center come the end of February/beginning of March as Florida will be home for a season-high seven games. The home stand starts against Boston (Feb. 24) and includes games against Pittsburgh (Feb. 26), Buffalo (Feb. 28), Carolina (Mar. 3), Winnipeg (Mar. 5) and Chicago (Mar. 8) before wrapping up against Montreal (Mar. 10). The seven-game home stand ties a franchise long; happening twice before from Feb. 11-23, 1995 and Mar. 6-22, 2008.
Measuring Stick: Florida will take on teams that reached the 2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs for 10 of their 15 games in December, six of which will take place on the road. The stretch includes home games against Philadelphia (Dec. 1), New Jersey (Dec. 13), Nashville (Dec. 23) and NY Rangers (Dec. 31) and road contests versus Los Angeles (Dec. 6), Phoenix (Dec. 8), Boston (Dec. 15), Washington (Dec. 17), NY Rangers (Dec. 20) and Pittsburgh (Dec. 21).
Play Them All: During the 2012-13 campaign, the Panthers will play all 29 other NHL clubs. Florida will play the entire Western Conference, once at home or on the road and will also play three select Western Conference teams (Los Angeles, Nashville, Colorado) twice - once on the road and once at home.
Club RED: Club RED, a spectacularly designed, center ice seating area that combines the best and most enjoyable aspects of the world’s finest hotels, restaurants and resorts will be open for its first hockey season. Club RED, designed by noted arena architect George Heinlein and his team at 360 Architecture, offers an unprecedented, all-inclusive club in the professional sports and entertainment industry. For more information call (954) 835-CLUB.
Get Your Tickets Now: For the third consecutive season, the Panthers will sell tickets under the dynamic pricing structure, as demand increases and ticket inventory becomes scarcer for single games, prices will increase. Fans interested in buying season seat packages (starting at 13-game mini plans) are guaranteed the best value and can contact a ticket representative at (954) 835-PUCK.
2012-13 Schedule Highlights:
- The Panthers open the 2012-13 season at home against the Tampa Bay Lightning on Oct. 13. It is the first time Florida has opened a season at home since the 2006-07 season.
- The defending Stanley Cup Champion Los Angeles Kings visit South Florida on Saturday, Mar. 30.
- The Panthers will take on the defending Eastern Conference Champion New Jersey Devils at home on Thursday Dec. 13 and Saturday, Jan. 19.
- The Panthers will conclude the 2012-13 season with a trip north of the border against Montreal (Apr. 9) and Winnipeg (Apr. 11) before hosting Pittsburgh in the season finale on Apr. 13.
- The Panthers 2012-13 schedule includes 10 Sunday contests, nine Monday games, 15 Tuesdays, four Wednesdays, 19 Thursdays, 10 Fridays and 15 Saturday contests.
- For the first time since the 2008-09 season, the Panthers will not host the Montreal Canadiens on New Year’s Eve, but will instead host the NY Rangers at 6:00 p.m.
- Florida plays host to the Washington Capitals in a special 3:00 pm start on Martin Luther King Jr. Day Jan. 21.
- The Panthers longest home stand of the season is seven games (Feb. 24-Mar. 10).
- The Panthers longest road trip of the year is five games, occurring twice. The first trip will consist of games against Buffalo (Jan. 3), Pittsburgh (Jan. 4), Winnipeg (Jan. 6), Montreal (Jan. 8) and Toronto (Jan. 10). In their second five game trip of the season, the Cats will take on Pittsburgh (Mar. 19), NY Rangers (Mar. 21), New Jersey (Mar. 23), Ottawa (Mar. 25) and Toronto (Mar. 26).
- The Cats will host three games in October, seven in November, seven in December, four in January, nine in February, eight in March and three in April.
- The Panthers will play 13 sets of back-to-back games next season.
- The Panthers will play 15 games in both December and March, their busiest months of the season.
- The Panthers will have seven days off from Jan. 22 - Jan. 28 for the NHL’s All-Star break. The All-Star Game will be held in Columbus on Jan. 27. The Cats begin play after the break as they travel to Tampa Bay (Jan. 29).