FloridaPanthers.com takes a look at Panthers in the pipeline in San Antonio (AHL), Cincinnati (ECHL) and more in the Feb. 23 prospect report.
SAN ANTONIO RAMPAGE
(30-18-5, sixth in AHL Western Conference)
Feb. 18 – San Antonio Rampage at Rockford Icehogs (4-0 W)
Feb. 21 – San Antonio Rampage at Chicago Wolves (2-3 OTL)
Feb. 22 - San Antonio Rampage at Chicago Wolves (5-2 W)
Houser Blanks IceHogs
G Michael Houser turned aside 37 shots to earn his first shutout of the season on Feb. 18 against Rockford. D MacKenzie Weegar, F Brett Olson, F Vincent Trocheck and D Greg Zanon scored for San Antonio in the 4-0 win.
Win Against the Wolves
On Feb. 22, the Rampage secured a 5-2 victory against the Chicago Wolves. Despite Chicago scoring first, the Rampage scored four consecutive goals leading to a 5-2 win. F Bobby Butler scored two goals for the Rampage. F Connor Brickley, F Mark Mancari and F Logan Shaw also lit the lamp for the Silver and Black in the contest.
On Sunday (Feb. 22), the Panthers recalled F Vincent Trocheck from San Antonio. Trocheck has recorded 14 points (4-10—14) in 29 games played for Florida. Trocheck notched an assist in his first game back in the Panthers' lineup (Feb. 22 at PIT).
Feb. 27 – San Antonio Rampage at Oklahoma City Barons (7:00 P.M. CST)
Feb. 28 – San Antonio Rampage at Oklahoma City Barons (7:00 P.M. CST)
(24-22-4, ninth in ECHL Eastern Conference)
Feb. 18 – Cincinnati Cyclones vs. Evansville Iceman (2-0 W)
Feb. 20 – Cincinnati Cyclones vs. Toledo Walleye (3-1 L)
Feb. 21 – Cincinnati Cyclones at Reading Royals (4-1 L)
Brittain Records Shutout
G Sam Brittain recorded a shutout for the Cyclones on Feb. 18 against the Iceman to secure a 2-0 victory. He made 15 saves on 15 shots.
Feb. 28 – Cincinnati Cyclones at Evansville Iceman (7:15 P.M. CST)
- 2013 draft choice Christopher Clapperton (fifth round, 122nd overall) has posted 60 points (28-32—60) in 49 games with a plus-21 rating for Rimouski Oceanic (QMJHL). In eight games played in the month of February, Clapperton has recorded 10 points (6-4—10), including three consecutive multi-point games.
- 2014 draft choice Jayce Hawryluk (second round, 32nd overall) has posted 54 points (24-30—54) in 42 games with a plus-27 rating for the Brandon Wheat Kings (WHL). He recorded a hat trick on Feb. 20 in his first game back from injury and had a four point game (2-2—4) on Feb. 21. He has seven points in his last two games.
-2014 draft choice Juho Lammikko (third round, 65th overall) has posted 34 points (12-22—34) in 51 games with a plus-23 rating for the Kingston Frontenacs (OHL).
- 2013 draft choice D Michael Downing (fourth round, 97th overall) has 18 points (5-13—18) in 28 games for the University of Michigan. The sophomore is second on Michigan in points among defensemen and second among defensemen in goals. Among the Big Ten conference defensemen, Downing ranks third in points.
- 2010 draft choice Zach Hyman (fifth round, 123rd overall) has posted 43 points (18-25—43) in 28 games for the University of Michigan. Hyman leads Michigan and the Big Ten in scoring, while ranking second in the nation in scoring.
- 2013 draft choice Michael Matheson (first round, 23rd overall) has 19 points (2-17—19) in 31 games for Boston College. In his last seven games, Matheson has recorded five points (0-5—5).
- 2013 draft choice Ian McCoshen (second round, 31st overall) has recorded 13 points (5-8—13) in 28 games for Boston College. In Boston College's 2-2 tie against UMass Lowell, McCoshen scored one goal marking his third goal in two games.
- 2011 draft choice Kyle Rau (third round, 91st overall) has posted 31 points (13-18—31) in 30 games for the University of Minnesota. Rau recorded the second hat trick of his collegiate career against University of Michigan on Feb. 13. His first goal of the night marked his 150th college career point, making him the 27th player in Gophers history to reach the 150 point mark. The Gophers senior ranks second in scoring on Minnesota and fifth in the Big Ten. Rau has played 151 games for the Gophers, recording 154 points (60-94—154).
Click to download the full PDF Prospect Report for Feb. 23