FloridaPanthers.com takes a look at Panthers in the pipeline in San Antonio (AHL), Cincinnati (ECHL) and more in the Feb. 2 prospect report.
SAN ANTONIO RAMPAGE
(25-14-4, fifth in AHL Western Conference)
Jan. 29 – San Antonio Rampage at Texas Stars (3-2 W)
Jan. 30 – San Antonio Rampage vs. Charlotte Checkers (5-2 W)
Downing the Stars
The Rampage earned their second consecutive victory against the Stars on Jan. 29, winning the contest 3-2. F Rocco Grimaldi earned first star honors after recording two points (1-1—2). D Jesse Blacker and F Connor Brickley also registered goals in the contest, while F Vincent Trocheck recorded two assists. G Dan Ellis made 27 saves on 29 shots to earn the win.
The Rampage earned back to back victories this past week finishing with a 5-2 win vs. the Checkers. F Bobby Butler scored two goals in the 5-2 victory. F John McFarland, F Jesse Blacker and D Greg Zanon all netted goals for the Rampage. G Michael Houser made 30 saves on 32 shots for the win.
Feb. 2 – San Antonio Rampage at Texas Stars (7:30 P.M. CST)
Feb. 5 – San Antonio Rampage vs. Texas Stars (7:00 P.M. CST)
Feb. 7 – San Antonio Rampage vs. Oklahoma City Barons (7:00 P.M. CST)
(19-18-4, ninth in ECHL Eastern Conference)
Jan. 28 – Cincinnati Cyclones vs. Elmira Jackals (2-4 L)
Jan. 30 – Cincinnati Cyclones at Toledo Walleye (0-4 L)
Jan. 31 – Cincinnati Cyclones vs. Reading Royals (1-5 L)
Feb. 4 – Cincinnati Cyclones vs. Kalamazoo Wings (7:30 P.M. EST)
Feb. 6 – Cincinnati Cyclones at Elmira Jackals (7:05 P.M. EST)
Feb. 7 – Cincinnati Cyclones at Wheeling Nailers (8:05 P.M. EST)
- 2013 draft choice Christopher Clapperton (fifth round, 122nd overall) has posted 50 points (22-28—50) in 41 games with a plus-18 rating for Rimouski Oceanic (QMJHL).
- 2014 draft choice Jayce Hawryluk (second round, 32nd overall) has posted 47 points (19-28—47) in 40 games with a plus-27 rating for the Brandon Wheat Kings (WHL).
-2014 draft choice Juho Lammikko (third round, 65th overall) has posted 29 points (10-19—29) in 42 games with a plus-24 rating for the Kingston Frontenacs (OHL).
- 2013 draft choice Michael Downing (fourth round, 97th overall) has 16 points (4-12—16) in 23 games for the University of Michigan.
- 2010 draft choice Zach Hyman (fifth round, 123rd overall) has posted 36 points (16-20—36) in 23 games for the University of Michigan.
- 2013 draft choice Michael Matheson (first round, 23rd overall) has 17 points (2-15—17) in 26 games for Boston College.
- 2013 draft choice Ian McCoshen (second round, 31st overall) has recorded eight points (2-6—8) in 23 games for Boston College.
- 2011 draft choice Kyle Rau (third round, 91st overall) has posted 24 points (8-16—24) in 24 games for the University of Minnesota.
Click to download the full PDF Prospect Report for Feb. 2