FloridaPanthers.com takes a look at Panthers in the pipeline in San Antonio (AHL), Cincinnati (ECHL) and more in the Dec.29th prospect report.
SAN ANTONIO RAMPAGE
(17-10-3-0, fifth in AHL Western Conference)
Dec. 21 – San Antonio Rampage at Charlotte Checkers (3-1 L)
Dec. 26 – San Antonio Rampage vs. Texas Stars (7-3 W)
Dec. 27 – San Antonio Rampage vs. Oklahoma City Barons (2-1 OTL)
Dec. 28 – San Antonio Rampage at Texas Stars (6-3 L)
Wild, Wild, West
The Rampage have played their last four games against West Division rivals, earning a 1-2-1-0 mark over the four-game span.
First as a Pro
F Steven Hodges recorded the first goal of his professional career in San Antonio’s 3-1 loss to Charlotte (Dec. 21).
F Rocco Grimaldi notched a night to remember in the Rampage’s 7-3 win over the Stars (Dec. 26) . Grimaldi posted an AHL career-high five points (1-4—5), tying a Rampage franchise record for points in a game. F Quinton Howden recorded four assists, while F Logan Shaw and F Garrett Wilson recorded multi-goal games. Shaw’s two-goal night was the first of his professional career.
In the most recent game between the Rampage and Stars (Dec. 28), the Stars defeated the Rampage for the first time this season. F Bobby Butler, F Garrett Wilson and D Jesse Blacker recorded goals for San Antonio. In four games against Texas this season, Wilson has recorded five goals.
F Drew Shore leads the Rampage in scoring with 27 points (7-20—27) in 30 games this season. Shore’s 27 points ranks him tied for eighth in AHL scoring.
Jan. 1 – San Antonio Rampage at Utica Comets (3:00 pm EST)
Jan. 2 – San Antonio Rampage at Toronto Marlies (7:00 pm EST)
Jan. 3 – San Antonio Rampage at Toronto Marlies (3:00 pm EST)
(11-11-0-4, ninth in ECHL Eastern Conference)
Dec. 20 – Cincinnati Cyclones vs. Elmira Jackals (2-0 W)
Dec. 26 – Cincinnati Cyclones at Indy Fuel (4-3 L)
Dec. 27 – Cincinnati Cyclones at Indy Fuel (2-1 W [OT])
Dec. 29 – Cincinnati Cyclones at Evansville Icemen (7:35pm EST)
Dec. 31 – Cincinnati Cyclones at Kalamazoo Wings (8:00pm EST)
Jan. 2 – Cincinnati Cyclones at Kalamazoo Wings (7:30pm EST)
Jan. 3- Cincinnati Cyclones at Wheeling Nailers (7:35pm EST)
- 2013 draft choice Christopher Clapperton (fifth round, 122nd overall) has posted 38 points (17-21–38) in 32 games with a plus-15 rating for Rimouski Oceanic (QMJHL).
- 2014 draft choice Jayce Hawryluk (second round, 32nd overall) has posted 39 points (15-24–39) in 32 games with a plus-18 rating for the Brandon Wheat Kings (WHL).
-2014 draft choice Juho Lammikko (third round, 65th overall) has posted 20 points (7-13–20) in 30 games with a plus-20 rating for the Kingston Frontenacs (OHL).
- 2011 draft choice Kyle Rau (third round, 91st overall) has posted 17 points (8-11–17) in 14 games for the University of Minnesota.
- 2010 draft choice Zach Hyman (fifth round, 123rd overall) has posted 19 points (8-11–19) in 16 games for the University of Michigan.
- 2013 draft choice Michael Matheson (first round, 23rd overall) has twelve points (1-11–12) in 17 games for Boston College.
- 2013 draft choice Michael Downing (fourth round, 97th overall) has eight points (3-5—8) and 39 PIMs in 16 games for the University of Michigan.
- 2013 draft choice Ian McCoshen (second round, 31st overall) has recorded five points (2-3—5) in 16 games for Boston College and was is currently playing for Team USA at the 2015 World Junior Championship. McCoshen represented the United States last season in the 2014 World Juniors as well.
Download the Full Prospect Report PDF