FloridaPanthers.com takes a look at Panthers in the pipeline in San Antonio (AHL), Cincinnati (ECHL) and more in Dec.15th prospect report.
SAN ANTONIO RAMPAGE
(15-8-2, fifth in AHL Western Conference)
Dec. 11 – San Antonio Rampage at Iowa Wild (4-1 L)
Dec. 12 – San Antonio Rampage vs. Iowa Wild (3-0 W)
The Rampage and Wild faced each other in back-to-back contests over the weekend, each earning a win.
Iowa took the first game, with F Ryan Martindale scoring the lone goal for San Antonio. G Michael Houser made 16 saves on 19 shots.
The following night, the Rampage blanked the Wild. F Connor Brickley opened the scoring for San Antonio, recording his eighth of the season. D MacKenzie Weegar scored the first professional goal of his career on a feed from F Rocco Grimaldi. F Bobby Butler tallied the game’s final goal to end the game 3-0. G Dan Ellis made 20 saves to earn his second shutout of the season.
F Drew Shore leads the Rampage in scoring with 25 points (6-19—25) in 25 games this season. Shore’s 25 points ranks him tied for third in scoring in the AHL.
Brick by Brick
F Connor Brickley has been one of the team’s goal scoring leaders during the 2014-15 campaign, recording 15 points (8-7—15) in 23 games. The 2010 second round pick (50th overall) played eight games with the Rampage during an amateur try out last season recording two points (1-1—2) after wrapping up his final season at University of Vermont.
Dec. 19 – San Antonio Rampage at Charlotte Checkers (7:00pm EST)
Dec. 21 – San Antonio Rampage at Charlotte Checkers (1:00pm EST)
(9-8-4, 10th in ECHL Eastern Conference)
Dec. 11 – Cincinnati Cyclones at Greenville Road Warriors (3-2 L)
Dec. 13 – Cincinnati Cyclones vs. Gwinnett Gladiators (4-2 W)
Dec. 17 – Cincinnati Cyclones at Greenville Road Warriors (7:35 pm)
Dec. 19 – Cincinnati Cyclones at Elmira Jackals (7:35 pm)
Dec. 20 – Cincinnati Cyclones at Elmira Jackals (7:35 pm)
- 2013 draft choice Christopher Clapperton (fifth round, 122nd overall) has posted 36 points (17-19–36) in 30 games with a plus-19 rating for Rimouski Oceanic (QMJHL).
- 2014 draft choice Jayce Hawryluk (second round, 32nd overall) has posted 37 points (13-24–37) in 30 games with a plus-16 rating for the Brandon Wheat Kings (WHL).
-2014 draft choice Juho Lammikko (third round, 65th overall) has posted 19 points (7-12–19) in 29 games with a plus-19 rating for the Kingston Frontenacs (OHL). Lammikko was recently named to the 2015 Team Finland World Junior Championship preliminary roster.
- 2011 draft choice Kyle Rau (third round, 91st overall) has posted 17 points (6-11–17) in 14 games for the University of Minnesota.
- 2010 draft choice Zach Hyman (fifth round, 123rd overall) has posted 17 points (7-10–17) in 15 games for the University of Michigan.
- 2013 draft choice Michael Matheson (first round, 23rd overall) has ten points (1-11–12) in 17 games for Boston College.
- 2013 draft choice Michael Downing (fourth round, 97th overall) has seven points (3-4—7) and 39 PIMs in 15 games for the University of Michigan. The 19-year old defenseman was recently named to the 2015 Team USA World Junior Championship preliminary roster.
- 2013 draft choice Ian McCoshen (second round, 31st overall) has recorded five points (2-3—5) in 16 games for Boston College and was recently named to the 2015 Team USA World Junior Championship preliminary roster. McCoshen represented the United States last year in the 2014 World Juniors.