FloridaPanthers.com takes a look at Panthers in the pipeline in San Antonio (AHL), Cincinnati (ECHL) and more in Nov. 17th’s prospect report.
SAN ANTONIO RAMPAGE
(9-6-0, third in AHL Western Conference)
Nov. 11 – San Antonio Rampage at Oklahoma City Barons (3-2 W [SO])
Nov. 14 – San Antonio Rampage vs. Charlotte Checkers (2-1 W [OT])
Nov. 15 – San Antonio Rampage vs. Charlotte Checkers (4-3 W)
Rampage on a Roll
It was a big week for the Rampage as they extended their winning streak to four games.
San Antonio defeated their division rivals, the Oklahoma City Barons in a 4-3 shootout on Tuesday night (Nov. 11). Bobby Butler scored two goals and Garrett Wilson recorded three assists in regulation before Rocco Grimaldi capped things off in the shootout.
The Rampage returned home to face the Charlotte Checkers on Nov. 14. Andrew Yogan lit the lamp for his second of the season to get the Rampage on the board in the first period. Drew Shore potted his first of the season to win the game in overtime for San Antonio. Dan Ellis made 30 saves on 31 shots in his fourth consecutive start for the Rampage.
San Antonio and Charlotte locked back up the following night in a close matchup. Shore opened the scoring for the Rampage, netting his second goal in two games. Wilson, Logan Shaw and Butler all scored goals in the 4-3 win.
Drew Shore has been a steady point producer for San Antonio this season, recording ten points (2-8-10) in 15 games for the Rampage. Shore ranks second on the team in assists and is tied for second on the team in points. The Denver, Colorado native has four points (2-2-4) in his last four games and rides a two-game goal scoring streak.
Nov. 18 - San Antonio Rampage vs. Oklahoma City Barons (10:30 am CST)
Nov. 21 –San Antonio Rampage vs. Texas Stars (7:30 pm CST)
Nov. 23 – San Antonio Rampage at Texas Stars (4:00 pm CST)
(4-3-2, tenth in ECHL Eastern Conference)Cyclones Drop Two
The Cyclones went head-to-head with the Orlando Solar Bears Nov. 13, in back and forth game that resulted in a 5-4 loss for Cincy. After three unanswered goals for the Solar Bears, the Cyclones stormed back with three of their own. Ultimately, Orlando was able to light the lamp late in the third to put them ahead for the win.
Josh McFadden recorded a two-point night (1-1-2) which included his first goal of the season. Sam Brittain made 21 saves on 25 shots in the game.
Cincinnati fell to the Fort Wayne Komets 4-3 in a shootout on Nov. 15. Wade Megan and Shayne Taker both recorded two assists each in the contest.JUNIORS
- 2013 draft choice Christopher Clapperton (fifth round, 122nd overall) has posted 22 points (10-12-22) in 21 games with a plus-13 rating for Rimouski Oceanic (QMJHL).
- 2014 draft choice Jayce Hawryluk (second round, 32nd overall) has posted 27 points (12-15-25) in 20 games with a plus-16 rating for the Brandon Wheat Kings (WHL). Hawryluk also recently represented Team WHL in the Subway Super Series against Team Russia.
- 2011 draft choice Kyle Rau (third round, 91st overall) has posted 12 points (3-9-12) in ten games for the University of Minnesota.
- 2010 draft choice Zach Hyman (fifth round, 123rd overall) has posted 10 points (4-6-10) in nine games for the University of Michigan.
- 2013 draft choice Michael Matheson (first round, 23rd overall) has seven points (1-6-7) in ten games for Boston College. Download Full PDF report