FloridaPanthers.com takes a look at Panthers in the pipeline in San Antonio (AHL), Cincinnati (ECHL) and more in the Jan. 5th prospect report.
SAN ANTONIO RAMPAGE
(19-11-3-0, fifth in AHL Western Conference)
Jan. 1 – San Antonio Rampage at Utica Comets (8-4 W)
Jan. 2 – San Antonio Rampage at Toronto Marlies (3-2 L)
Jan. 3 – San Antonio Rampage at Toronto Marlies (4-3 W)
New Year’s Party
San Antonio visited Utica on New Year’s Day, tying a franchise record for most goals in a game (8) and most goals in a second period (6). D Shane O’Brien, F Connor Brickley, F Garrett Wilson, D Jesse Blacker, F Bobby Butler, F Drew Shore, F Andrew Yogan and D Alex Petrovic recorded goals.
Rocco’s Modern Life
Grimaldi is currently riding a four-game point streak (1-4—5). In his last six games, Grimaldi has recorded ten points (2-8—10) including a career-high five point night (1-4—5) Dec. 26 at Texas. Grimaldi netted the overtime game-winner against Toronto on Jan. 3 for his fifth of the season.
Leading the Way
F Bobby Butler leads the Rampage in scoring with 31 points (14-17—31). Butler’s 31 points rank him tied for fifth in AHL scoring. F Drew Shore ranks second on San Antonio with 30 points (9-21—30). Shore’s 30 points ranks him tied for sixth in AHL scoring.
Jan. 6 – San Antonio Rampage at Adirondack Flames (7:00pm EST)
Jan. 7 – San Antonio Rampage at Rochester Americans (7:05 pm EST)
Jan. 10 – San Antonio Rampage vs. Iowa Wild (7:00 pm CST)
Jan. 11 – San Antonio Rampage vs. Toronto Marlies (4:00 pm CST)
(14-12-0-4, ninth in ECHL Eastern Conference)
Dec. 29 – Cincinnati Cyclones at Evansville Icemen (5-2 W)
Dec. 31 – Cincinnati Cyclones at Kalamazoo Wings (5-2 W)
Jan. 2 – Cincinnati Cyclones at Kalamazoo Wings (5-3 L)
Jan. 3 - Cincinnati Cyclones at Wheeling Nailers (3-2 W)
G Sam Brittain extended his win streak to three games after topping the Wings (5-2). Brittain made 77 saves on 82 shots over three games. Brittain was named CCM ECHL Goaltender of the Week for the week of Dec. 22- 28.
Jan. 9 – Cincinnati Cyclones at Indy Fuel (7:35 pm EST)
Jan. 10 – Cincinnati Cyclones at Kalamazoo Wings (7:30 pm EST)
- 2013 draft choice Christopher Clapperton (fifth round, 122nd overall) has posted 40 points (18-22—40) in 35 games with a plus-14 rating for Rimouski Oceanic (QMJHL).
- 2014 draft choice Jayce Hawryluk (second round, 32nd overall) has posted 45 points (18-27—45) in 35 games with a plus-24 rating for the Brandon Wheat Kings (WHL).
-2014 draft choice Juho Lammikko (third round, 65th overall) has posted 21 points (7-14–21) in 31 games with a plus-21 rating for the Kingston Frontenacs (OHL).
- 2011 draft choice Kyle Rau (third round, 91st overall) has posted 20 points (7-13–20) in 16 games for the University of Minnesota.
- 2010 draft choice Zach Hyman (fifth round, 123rd overall) has posted 20 points (9-11–20) in 17 games for the University of Michigan.
- 2013 draft choice Michael Matheson (first round, 23rd overall) has thirteen points (1-12–13) in 19 games for Boston College.
- 2013 draft choice Michael Downing (fourth round, 97th overall) has nine points (3-6—9) and 39 PIMs in 17 games for the University of Michigan.
- 2013 draft choice Ian McCoshen (second round, 31st overall) has recorded five points (2-3—5) in 17 games for Boston College and recently represented Team USA at the 2015 World Junior Championship. McCoshen has represented Team USA at the World Junior Championship for two consecutive years (2014, 2015).Download Full Prospect Report PDF Here