FloridaPanthers.com takes a look at Panthers in the pipeline in San Antonio (AHL), Cincinnati (ECHL) and more in the Jan. 26th prospect report.
SAN ANTONIO RAMPAGE
(23-14-4, fifth in AHL Western Conference)
Jan. 20 – San Antonio Rampage vs. Texas Stars (5-2 W)
Jan. 22 – San Antonio Rampage at Lake Erie Monsters (6-2 L)
Jan. 24 – San Antonio Rampage at Lake Erie Monsters (3-2 OTL)
Downing the Stars
The Rampage grabbed their fourth win of the season against Texas with a 5-2 victory on Jan. 20. F Ryan Martindale, F Connor Brickley, F Logan Shaw, F Corban Knight and F Bobby Butler recorded goals for the Silver and Black. G Dan Ellis made 22 saves on 24 shots to earn the win.
D Alex Petrovic was recently selected to play in the 2015 AHL All-Star Game. The 22-year old blueliner will make his AHL All-Star debut as a member of the Western Conference team. In his first skills competition, Petrovic was a part of the hardest shot event where his shot clocked in at 100.8 mph, finishing second in the event. The 6’4”, 206-pound defenseman has recorded 19 points (3-16—19) in 39 games this season.
F Corban Knight has been on fire since reporting to San Antonio. With five points in five games with the Rampage (2-3—5), Knight owned a four-game point streak in his first four games in San Antonio. He recorded his first goal with the Rampage against Texas on Jan. 20, earning first star honors and followed it up with another goal on Jan. 22 against Lake Erie.
Jan. 29 – San Antonio Rampage at Texas Stars (7:30 P.M. CST)
Jan. 30 – San Antonio Rampage vs. Charlotte Checkers (7:30 P.M. CST)
(19-15-4, seventh in ECHL Eastern Conference)
Jan. 23 - Cincinnati Cyclones vs. Evansville Icemen (4-0 W)
Jan. 24 - Cincinnati Cyclones vs. Kalamazoo Wings (5-2 L)
G Sam Brittain recorded his third shutout of the season and second against Evansville, turning away all 14 shots faced on Jan. 23. Brittain owns a 11-7-1 record this season.
D MacKenzie Weegar has notched five points (1-4—5) in seven games with Cincinnati this season and owns a plus-four rating.
Jan. 28 – Cincinnati Cyclones vs. Elmira Jackals (7:35 P.M. EST)
Jan. 30 – Cincinnati Cyclones at Toledo Walleye (7:15 P.M. EST)
Jan. 31 – Cincinnati Cyclones vs. Reading Royals (7:35 P.M. EST)
- 2013 draft choice Christopher Clapperton (fifth round, 122nd overall) has posted 44 points (20-24—44) in 39 games with a plus-18 rating for Rimouski Oceanic (QMJHL).
- 2014 draft choice Jayce Hawryluk (second round, 32nd overall) has posted 47 points (19-28—47) in 40 games with a plus-27 rating for the Brandon Wheat Kings (WHL).
-2014 draft choice Juho Lammikko (third round, 65th overall) has posted 27 points (9-18—27) in 37 games with a plus-23 rating for the Kingston Frontenacs (OHL).
- 2013 draft choice Michael Downing (fourth round, 97th overall) has 16 points (4-12—16) in 22 games for the University of Michigan.
- 2010 draft choice Zach Hyman (fifth round, 123rd overall) has posted 35 points (16-19—35) in 22 games for the University of Michigan.
- 2013 draft choice Michael Matheson (first round, 23rd overall) has 16 points (2-14—16) in 25 games for Boston College.
- 2013 draft choice Ian McCoshen (second round, 31st overall) has recorded eight points (2-6—8) in 22 games for Boston College.
- 2011 draft choice Kyle Rau (third round, 91st overall) has posted 22 points (8-14—22) in 22 games for the University of Minnesota.
Click here to download the full prospect report PDF