Cats now have ten 2011 Draft Picks and seven in the first three rounds
Florida moves F Dvorak, D Wideman, F Frolik, F Higgins, D McCabe and D Allen
SUNRISE, Fla. – During the month of February the Florida Panthers made eight trades and acquired 11 players and prospects and four draft picks. Among those moves, the Cats acquired F Niclas Bergfors from Atlanta, F Jack Skille
from Chicago, D Alex Sulzer from Nashville, F Sergei Samsonov and F Ryan Carter from Carolina, and two third round draft picks in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft. The Panthers now have ten picks in the 2011 Draft including seven in the first three rounds.
“Today, and the previous few weeks, were extremely significant for the Florida Panthers franchise,” said General Manager Dale Tallon. “We acquired a number of assets that fit our plan, we raised our number of 2011 draft picks to a total of ten, and we put ourselves in a position to be aggressive in pursuing top notch free agents come July 1.” The Panthers February trades are as follows:
- F Jack Skille, F Hugh Jessiman and F David Pacan from Chicago for F Michael Frolik and G Alexander Salak
- D Alex Sulzer from Nashville for a conditional seventh round draft pick in 2012
- F Ryan Carter and a 2011 Fifth Round Draft Pick from Carolina for F Cory Stillman
- F Tim Kennedy and a 2011 Third Round Draft Pick from the New York Rangers for D Bryan McCabe
- F Niclas Bergfors, F Patrick Rissmiller from Atlanta for F Radek Dvorak and a 2011 Fifth Round Draft Pick
- F Jake Hauswirth and a 2011 Third Round Pick from Washington for D Dennis Wideman
- F Sergei Samsonov from Carolina for D Bryan Allen
- D Evan Oberg and a 2013 Third Round Draft Pick for F Chris Higgins
Sunrise Sports & Entertainment is the premier company of its kind in South Florida. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube. Home to more than 200 events annually and the Florida Panthers Hockey Club, the BankAtlantic Center was a finalist for Arena of the Year in annual awards given by trade publication Pollstar.