Panthers By The Numbers takes a closer look at some of the
interesting stats that you may or may have not known about.
Panthers 8 - Thrashers 4
– Michael Frolik received the Panthers first penalty shot of the season as he was hooked from behind by Niclas Havelid while on a breakaway. The rookie forward who is going to the YoungStar game in Montreal connected as he deked Lehtonen and put the puck five-hole for his ninth of the season giving the Cats a 1-0 lead early in the first.11.0
– Radek Dvorak scored his seventh of the season as he streaked down the right hand side of the ice and ripped a shot into the top right corner of the net with exactly 11.0 left in the first period. Making matters worse for Atlanta besides putting Florida up 3-1 was that it was Florida’s fourth short handed goal of the season and their second in the last three games. Dvorak has two of those four short handed goals.12
– The Panthers are almost perfect when forward Gregory Campbell records a point. Campbell who picked up the first assist on Jay Bouwmeester’s rebound goal in front of the net in the first period, are 12-0-1 when Campbell records a point in a game. He added two more assists, giving him 12 helpers on the season.1:08
– Tied at three heading into the final period of play, it only took 1:08 of time to score two goals and build their second two-goal lead of the game. Ville Peltonen scored his seventh of the season 1:34 in and then Cory Stillman beat Lehtonen for his ninth with 2:42 gone in the period. The Panthers would score five in the third to pull away from Atlanta.22
– The Panthers combined to earn a plus-22 against the Thrashers Saturday afternoon. Bouwmeester and Radek Dvorak were both a plus-4 while Campbell and Karlis Skrastins were plus-3s to lead the Cats.70
– Florida scored eight goals Saturday afternoon, there most this season to date. The last time they scored eight goals? 70 games ago when they won in Toronto 8-0 on February 5th, 2008.8
– Not only was that the amount of goals that the Panthers scored, but that was the number of players that found the score sheet more than once. Skrastins (2 assists), David Booth (goal, assist), Campbell (3 assists), Dvorak (goal, 2 assists), Nathan Horton (goal, assist), Ville Peltonen (2 goals), Richard Zednik (2 assists) and Frolik (goal, assist) all had multi-point games. Bouwmeester, Stillman and Jassen Cullimore also registered points.5
– The Panthers now have scored four or more goals in their past five games. They are 4-0-1 in those games and have outscored their opponents 27-15.