After earning three points in two games on the road, including their first win on Friday night (10/17) against the Buffalo Sabres, the Panthers eye the final two games of their four-game trip with stops on the west side of the NHL.
Storylines to Watch
- Tuesday and Saturday's contests will be the first games Florida plays against Western Conference teams.
- G Roberto Luongo's 67th career shutout, tied him with Roy Worters (1925-37) for 13th all-time in shutouts. Luongo needs one shutout to break the tie and pass Worters.
- G Roberto Luongo's 374th win tied former Panthers goaltender John Vanbiesbrouck for13th all-time in wins. Luongo needs one win to pass Vanbiesbrouck.
- F Jussi Jokinen sits one goal away from his 150th career goal.
Oct. 21 at Colorado Avalanche (1-4-1, 12th in the West)
All-Time Record against Colorado:9-16-3-3
All-Time Record at Colorado: 5-5-3-2
After splitting the season series (1-1-0) with Colorado last season, the Panthers face an Avalanche team who has struggled early. Going scoreless in their first two games of the season, the Avalanche ran into injury troubles losing starting netminder Semyon Varlamov and backup goaltender Reto Berra. The Panthers head into Colorado off the heels of a strong weekend, where Roberto Luongo passed Avalanche head coach Patrick Roy's all-time shutout record with the 67th of his career.
KNOW YOUR OPPOSITION -- COLORADO
- F Daniel Briere has 33 points (15-18-33) in 35 career games against FLA.
- F Matt Duchene has six points (3-3-6) in five career games against FLA.
- F Jerome Iginla has 20 points (10-10-20) in 25 career games against FLA.
- F Ryan O'Reilly has six points (4-2-6) in six career games against FLA.
CATS VS. COLORADO
- F Brad Boyes has 17 points (6-11-17) in 19 career games against COL.
- D Brian Campbell has 11 points (2-9-11) in 17 career games against COL.
- F Tomas Fleischmann has four points (2-2-4) in six career games against COL.
- F Jussi Jokinen has 14 points (6-8-14) in 19 career games against COL.
- G Roberto Luongo has a 19-15-5 record with three shutouts in 39 career games against COL.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Panthers F Tomas Fleischmann spent the 2010-11 season with Colorado, recording 21 points (8-13-21) in 22 games.
- Avalanche F Jesse Winchester spent the 2013-14 season with Florida, recording 18 points (9-9-18) in 52 games.
- Avalanche D Tyson Barrie's father, Len Barrie played for Florida (1993-94 & 1999-01), recording 33 points (9-24-33) in 76 games.
- Avalanche Head Coach Patrick Roy, was the goaltender for the Avalanche in the 1996 Stanley Cup Finals, when Colorado faced Florida.
Oct. 25 at Arizona Coyotes (2-2-0, 11th in the West)
All-Time Record Against Arizona: 9-12-3-2
All-Time Record at Arizona: 5-5-3-1
The newly named Arizona Coyotes host the Panthers on Saturday before making a trip of their own to Sunrise on Thursday Oct. 30.The Coyotes boast a powerful blueline headlined by Keith Yandle and 23-year old, Oliver Ekman-Larsson. Unable to defeat the Coyotes in their previous three efforts, the Cats will look to reverse their fortunes in the desert and set a tone for their upcoming matchup on Thursday as well.
KNOW YOUR OPPOSITION -- ARIZONA
- F Mikkel Boedker has four points (2-2-4) in four career games against FLA.
- D Oliver Ekman-Larsson has three points (1-2-3) in three career games against FLA.
- G Mike Smith has a 6-4-3 record in 14 career games against FLA.
- D Keith Yandle has five points (0-5-5) in six career games against FLA.
CATS VS. ARIZONA
- F Brad Boyes has ten points (5-5-10) in 20 career games against ARI.
- F Dave Bolland has 16 points (5-11-16) in 18 career games against ARI.
-F Jussi Jokinen has 16 points (7-9-16) in 27 career games against ARI.
- G Roberto Luongo owns a 13-2-2 record with three shutouts in 27 career games against ARI.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Panthers F Scottie Upshall spent three seasons with Arizona (2008-11), recording 72 points (42-30-72) in 129 games.
- Panthers G Al Montoya spent his first NHL season with Arizona (2008-09) finishing 3-1-0 with a shutout in five games.
- Coyotes D Connor Murphy's father Gord Murphy spent six seasons with the Panthers as a player (1993-99) recording 142 points (42-100-142) in 410 games and also spent four seasons as an assistant coach for the Panthers (2010-13).
- Coyotes Assistant to the General Manager/Goaltender Coach, Sean Burke played for the Panthers for two seasons (1998-2000) before being traded to the Coyotes. Burke played in 66 games for Florida owning a 23-29-14 record with three shutouts.