Storylines to Watch
- G Roberto Luongo sits 39 saves away from tying John Vanbiesbrouck's 22,197 career saves. By tying Vanbiesbrouck, Luongo wil enter the top five all-time in career saves
- F Nick Bjugstad sits one game away from his 100th career game.
- F Brad Boyes sits four games away from his 700th career game.
- Boyes has played for two of the next three teams Florida will play this week.
Nov. 11 vs. San Jose Sharks (8-6-2)
All-Time Record against San Jose: 9-10-7-0
All-Time Record against San Jose at home: 4-4-5-0
The Panthers and Sharks will become familiar with one another as they play their two-game season series with a home-and-home nine days apart. The Cats host the Sharks on Tuesday for Military Appreciation Night on Veteran's Day, before facing the Sharks again during their west coast road trip Nov. 20.
KNOW YOUR OPPOSITION -- SAN JOSE
- F Joe Thornton has posted 28 points (9-19-28) in 33 career games against FLA.
- F Patrick Marleau has posted 16 points (7-9-16) in 20 career games against FLA.
- F Joe Pavelski has posted five points (2-3-5) in six career games against FLA.
- G Antti Niemi owns a 1-2-0 record with one shutout in three career games against FLA.
CATS VS. SHARKS
- D Willie Mitchell has posted 13 points (2-11-13) in 42 career games against SJS.
- F Jussi Jokinen has posted 11 points (4-7-11) in 28 career games against SJS.
- D Brian Campbell has posted nine points (2-7-9) in 18 career games against SJS.
- G Roberto Luongo owns an 11-12-4 record in 28 career games against SJS. Luongo made 52 saves on 54 shots, earning a win for Florida in the last meeting between the two clubs (3/18/14).
DID YOU KNOW?
- Panthers F Brad Boyes played his first NHL game as a member of the San Jose Sharks (3/7/04). The game was the only contest he played in for San Jose.
- Panthers D Brian Campbell played 20 games (2007-08) for the Sharks recording 19 points (3-16-19).
Nov. 14 vs. New York Islanders (9-5-0)
All-Time Record against NY Islanders: 41-28-8-7
All-Time Record against NY Islanders at home: 22-11-6-2
One of the league's hottest teams since the start of the season has been the New York Islanders. Led by Captain John Tavares, the Islanders look to make their last season on Long Island one to remember, before they move to Brooklyn next season.
KNOW YOUR OPPOSITION -- NY ISLANDERS
- F John Tavares has posted 11 points (6-5-11) in 16 career games against FLA.
-F Kyle Okposo has posted ten points (4-6-10) in 19 career games against FLA.
-F Mikhail Grabovski has posted ten points (6-4-10) in 21 career games against FLA.
- G Jaroslav Halak owns an 8-1-0 record with two shutouts in nine career games against FLA.
CATS VS. ISLES
- D Brian Campbell has recorded 21 points (3-18-21) in 33 career games against NYI.
- F Scottie Upshall has recorded 15 points (6-9-15) in 23 career games against NYI.
- F Jonathan Huberdeau has recorded three assists in five career games against NYI.
-G Roberto Luongo owns an 18-10-2 record in 24 career games against NYI.
DID YOU KNOW?
- G Roberto Luongo was selected in the first round (fourth overall) of the 1997 NHL Draft by the New York Islanders. Luongo played 24 games for the Islanders (1999-00), recording a 7-14-1 record with one shutout during his rookie season.
- F Sean Bergenheim was selected in the first round (22nd overall) of the 2002 NHL Draft by the Islanders. Bergenheim played five seasons for the Islanders between 2003 and 2010, recording 80 points (40-40-80).
- F Brad Boyes played one season for the Islanders (2012-13) recording 35 points (10-25-35) in 48 games.
-G Al Montoya played two seasons for the Islanders (2010-12) owning an 18-16-10 record with one shutout in 52 games.
- Panthers Coach Gerard Gallant served as an assistant coach for the Islanders for two seasons (2007-09).
- Panthers Television Color Analyst, Denis Potvin was selected first overall in the 1973 NHL Amateur Draft by the Islanders. Serving as Captain of the Isles for most of his career, Potvin won four consecutive Stanley Cups with New York (1979-80 to 1982-83). Potvin played his entire career with the Islanders, recording 1052 points (310-742-1052) in 1060 games.
-Panthers Special Advisor to the General Manager, Bill Torrey served as General Manager of the Islanders for 20 years (1972-1992) and put together the dynasty team (1979-80 to 1982-83) that won four consecutive Stanley Cups.
Nov. 16 at. Anaheim (10-3-3)
All-Time Record against Anaheim: 11-10-3-1
All-Time Record at Anaheim: 6-5-1-1
The two teams from the 1993 expansion meet at the Honda Center in Anaheim, CA for the first time this season. Florida and Anaheim split last year's season series, as the Cats defeated the Ducks in Sunrise, but were unable to take down the Ducks in Anaheim. The Panthers haven't beaten the Ducks in Anaheim since Nov. 9, 2008.
KNOW YOUR OPPOSITION -- ANAHEIM
- F Corey Perry has recorded 11 points (5-6-11) in eight career games against FLA.
- F Ryan Getzlaf has recorded nine points (4-5-9) in seven career games against FLA.
- F Ryan Kesler has recorded three points (2-1-3) in seven career games against FLA.
- G Frederik Andersen owns a 0-1-0 record in one career game against FLA.
CATS VS. DUCKS
- F Brad Boyes has recorded 14 points (7-7-14) in 21 career games against ANA.
- F Scottie Upshall has recorded 14 points (5-9-14) in 21 career games against ANA.
- F Jussi Jokinen has recorded 14 points (4-10-14) in 27 career games against ANA.
- G Roberto Luongo owns an 8-11-2 record with two shutouts in 24 career games against ANA.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Panthers F Shawn Thornton played one season (2006-07) for the Anaheim Ducks, winning his first Stanley Cup with the Ducks that season. Thornton recorded nine points (2-7-9) and 88 PIMs in 48 games.
-Ducks D Bryan Allen played five seasons for Florida (2006-11), recording 67 points (14-53-67) in 283 games.