STORYLINES TO WATCH
- F Jonathan Huberdeau (98P) is two points away from reaching 100 career points.
- F Jaromir Jagr (717G) is one goal shy of passing F Phil Esposito for sole possession of fifth all-time in goal scoring for the NHL.
-F Shawn Thornton (597 GP) is three games away from 600 career games.
March 12 vs. Winnipeg
All-Time Record vs. Winnipeg: 32-33-5-12
All-Time Home Record vs. Winnipeg: 19-15-1-6
The Panthers and Jets meet for the second and final time this season, closing out the season series in the last game of Florida’s seven-game homestand. The Panthers have won their last two games at home against the Jets and haven’t lost at BB&T Center in regulation to them since Jan. 5, 2011 (3-2 L), the Jets’ last season as the Atlanta Thrashers.
KNOW YOUR OPPOSITION – JETS
- F/D Dustin Byfuglien: 21 GP vs. FLA, 18 points (7-11—18).
- F Andrew Ladd: 35 GP vs. FLA, 26 points (10-16—26).
- F Bryan Little: 36 GP vs. FLA, 21 points (8-13—21).
- F Blake Wheeler: 28 GP vs. FLA, 19 points (8-11—19).
- G Michael Hutchinson 1 GP vs. FLA, 1-0-0
- G Ondrej Pavelec: 18 GP vs. FLA, 11-5-1
CATS VS. JETS
-F Nick Bjugstad: 3 GP vs. WPG, 2 points (2-0—2).
-F Jonathan Huberdeau: 7 GP vs. WPG, 4 points (4-0—4).
-F Jaromir Jagr: 42 GP vs. WPG, 51 points (22-29—51).
-D Brian Campbell: 37 GP vs. WPG, 25 points (2-23—25).
- G Dan Ellis: 6 GP vs. WPG, 3-2-0 (1 SO)
- G Roberto Luongo: 27 GP vs. WPG, 11-11-1 (1 SO).
*[Stats include Winnipeg's time as the Atlanta Thrashers, 1999-2011]
DID YOU KNOW?
- Florida G Al Montoya played 35 games for Winnipeg (2012-14), recording a 16-9-3 record with three shutouts.
- Florida F Derek MacKenzie was selected by the Atlanta Thrashers in the fifth round (128th overall) of the 1999 NHL Draft. MacKenzie played 28 games for Atlanta (2001-07), recording two assists.
- Winnipeg F Michael Frolik was selected by Florida in the first round (tenth overall) of the 2006 NHL Draft. Frolik played 213 games for Florida (2008-11), recording 117 points (50-67—117).
- Winnipeg F Adam Lowry is the son of former Florida Panthers F Dave Lowry. Lowry was a member of the inaugural Panthers team, playing 272 games for Florida (1993-98), recording 110 points (50-60—110). Lowry is the first Florida player to score an OT goal (10/30/93 vs. TBL). Lowry was an integral part of Florida's run to the 1996 Stanley Cup Finals, finishing the postseason as the team's leading point scorer with 17 points (10-7—17) in 22 playoff games. Tied for first in franchise playoff goals, Lowry's ten goals stands as a Panthers playoff record.
- Winnipeg Goaltending Coach Wade Flaherty played four games for Florida (2001-02), recording a 2-1-1 record, with a 2.94 GAA and .919 save percentage.
- Florida F Dave Bolland, D Brian Campbell, F Tomas Kopecky and Assistant Coach John Madden won the 2010 Stanley Cup as members of the Chicago Blackhawks. The four Panthers played alongside Winnipeg F Dustin Byfuglien and F Andrew Ladd on the 2010 Chicago Championship team.
March 14 at Carolina
All-Time Record vs. Carolina: 42-43-11-11
All-Time Road Record vs. Carolina: 15-32-3-3
The Panthers and Hurricanes will meet for the second time this season on Thursday. The Panthers’ first meeting with the Hurricanes resulted in a 1-0 victory over Carolina in South Florida. Thursday’s meeting with the Hurricanes is Florida’s first and only trip to Carolina this season.
KNOW YOUR OPPOSITION -- CAROLINA
- F Alexander Semin: 48 GP vs. FLA, 43 points (21-22—43)
- F Jeff Skinner: 19 GP vs. FLA, 14 points (5-9—14)
- F Eric Staal: 61 GP vs. FLA, 46 points (17-29—46)
- F Jordan Staal: 27 GP vs. FLA, 15 points (5-10—15)
- G Anton Khudobin: 3 GP vs. FLA, 3-0-0 (1 SO)
- G Cam Ward: 31 GP vs. FLA, 15-11-2
CATS VS. CANES
- F Nick Bjugstad: 4 GP vs. CAR, 3 points (2-1—3)
- F Jonathan Huberdeau:7 GP vs. CAR, 7 points (3-4—7)
- F Jaromir Jagr: 81 GP vs. CAR, 113 points (37-76—113)
- F Jussi Jokinen: 15 GP vs. CAR, 15 points (7-8—15)
- D Brian Campbell: 35 GP vs. CAR, 17 points (3-14—17)
- G Dan Ellis: 3 GP vs. CAR, 2-0-0
- G Roberto Luongo: 29 GP vs. CAR, 11-14-1 (1 SO)
DID YOU KNOW?
Panthers F Jussi Jokinen spent five seasons with Carolina (2008-13). Jokinen played 288 games for the Hurricanes, recording 185 points (68-117—185).
Panthers G Dan Ellis played 19 games for Carolina (2012-13), earning a 6-8-2 record with one shutout.
Feb. 2 at New York Rangers
All-Time Record against NY Rangers: 32-40-6-7
All-Time Road Record against NY Rangers: 14-23-4-1
The Cats have fallen to the Rangers twice this season as they look to grab a win in the final match-up between the two of 2014-15. Florida has dropped their last five games against the Rangers (0-4-1).
KNOW YOUR OPPOSITION -- NY RANGERS
- F Martin St. Louis: 75 GP vs. FLA, 73 points (32-41—73)
- F Rick Nash: 16 GP vs. FLA, 13 points (6-7—13)
- F Derek Stepan: 16 GP vs. FLA, 15 points (5-10—15)
- D Dan Boyle: 41 GP vs. FLA, 26 points (6-20—26)
- G Henrik Lundqvist: 30 GP vs. FLA, 20-9-1 (5 SO)
- G Cam Talbot has yet to face FLA in his career.
CATS VS. BLUESHIRTS
- F Aleksander Barkov: 5 GP vs. NYR, 4 points (2-2—4)
- F Brad Boyes: 25 GP vs. NYR, 15 points (8-7—15)
- F Jonathan Huberdeau: 8 GP vs. NYR, 3 points (1-2—3)
- F Jaromir Jagr: 62 GP vs. NYR, 72 points (35-37—72)
- D Brian Campbell: 33 GP vs. NYR, 18 points (4-14—18)
- G Dan Ellis: 7 GP vs. NYR: 3-2-2
- G Roberto Luongo: 23 GP vs. NYR, 7-12-1 (2 SO)
DID YOU KNOW?
- Panthers F Jimmy Hayes' younger brother Kevin Hayes is a rookie for the New York Rangers.
- Panthers F Jaromir Jagr played 277 games for the New York Rangers, recording 319 points (124-195—319).
- Panthers G Al Montoya was selected in the first round (sixth overall) of the 2004 NHL Draft by the New York Rangers.
- Rangers D Dan Boyle was signed by Florida as an undrafted free agent in 1998. Boyle played 129 games for Florida (1998-2002), recording 39 points (10-29−39).
- Rangers F Tanner Glass was selected in the ninth round (265th overall) of the 2003 NHL Draft by Florida. Glass played 44 games for Florida (2007-09) recording two points (1-1−2) and 46 PIMs.
- Rangers F Dominic Moore played 48 games for Florida (2009-10), recording 17 points (8-9−17).
- Panthers radio play-by-play announcer Randy Moller played 164 games for New York as a defenseman (1989-1992), recording 45 points (7-38−45) and 378 PIMs.