STORYLINES TO WATCH
-The Florida Panthers are one overtime win away from earning their 100th franchise overtime victory.
-F Nick Bjugstad is one goal shy of tying his career-high in goals (16).
-F Brad Boyes is two goals shy of his 200th career goal.
Jan. 27 vs. Detroit Red Wings (27-11-9)
All-Time Record against Detroit: 9-13-5-3
All-Time Record against Detroit at home: 3-8-2-2
In their first game following the All-Star break, the Panthers will face the Detroit Red Wings. Already 2-0-0 against Detroit this season, the Cats will host the Red Wings for the first time this season as they look to continue their winning streak against them.
KNOW YOUR OPPOSITION -- DETROIT
- F Pavel Datsyuk has recorded 20 points (7-13—20) in 15 career games against FLA.
- F Gustav Nyquist has recorded five goals (5-0—5) in eight career games against FLA.
- F Henrik Zetterberg has recorded ten points (2-8—10) in 12 career games against FLA.
-D Niklas Kronwall has recorded six points (0-6—6) in 13 career games against FLA.
- G Jimmy Howard owns a 2-1-3 record in five career games against FLA.
- G Petr Mrazek has yet to face FLA in his career.
CATS VS. WINGS
- F Sean Bergenheim has recorded seven points (5-2—7) in 11 career games against DET.
- F Brad Boyes has recorded 22 points (10-12—22) in 33 career games against DET.
- F Jussi Jokinen has recorded 15 points (3-12—15) in 18 career games against DET.
- D Brian Campbell has recorded 16 points (2-14—16) in 31 career games against DET.
- G Roberto Luongo owns a 13-13-5 record in 32 career games against DET.
- G Al Montoya owns a 1-0-0 record in one career game against DET.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Panthers F Tomas Fleischmann was drafted by Detroit in the second round (63rd overall) of the 2002 NHL Draft.
- Florida Head Coach Gerard Gallant played 563 games for Detroit (1984-93) and recorded 467 points (207-260—467). Gallant recorded four 70-plus point seasons, including his most successful year in 1988-1989 when he registered a career high 93 points (39-54—93).
- Panthers F Tomas Kopecky was drafted by Detroit in the second round (38th overall) of the 2000 NHL Draft. Kopecky won a Stanley Cup with the Red Wings (2008) and recorded 32 points (12-20--32) in 183 games.
-Panthers G Al Montoya played for the University of Michigan (2002-05) owning a 86-29-8 record with three shutouts in 83 games.
- Red Wings F Stephen Weiss was drafted by Florida in the first round (fourth overall) of the 2001 NHL Draft. Weiss' 654 games (2001-13) as a Panther ranks as the most games by any player in a Panthers uniform. Weiss recorded 394 points (145-249--394) during his time as a Panther, ranking him second all-time in scoring among Florida players and first all-time in assists.
CHECK IT OUT:
Florida defeats Detroit 4-3 in a shootout (Dec. 12).
Jan. 29 vs. Columbus Blue Jackets (20-22-3)
All-Time Record against Columbus: 4-8-0-5
All-Time Record vs. Columbus at home: 2-2-0-4
Owning a ten-game losing streak to the Blue Jackets, the Panthers will look to snap that streak on Thursday. Falling to the Blue Jackets 4-3 in a shootout on Dec. 4, F Nick Bjugstad notched a three point night (2-1—3), while the Cats outshot Columbus 51-18 in regulation. The Panthers are 0-1-1 this season against Columbus.
KNOW YOUR OPPOSITION -- COLUMBUS
- F Ryan Johansen has recorded six points (2-4—6) in six career games against FLA.
- F Nick Foligno has recorded 15 points (7-8—15) in 23 career games against FLA.
- F Scott Hartnell has recorded 14 points (5-9—14) in 31 career games against FLA.
- D James Wisniewski has recorded 12 points (2-10—12) in 13 career games against FLA.
- G Sergei Bobrovsky owns a 6-1-0 record in seven career games against FLA.
- G Curtis McElhinney has yet to face FLA in his career.
CATS VS. JACKETS
- F Nick Bjugstad has recorded five points (3-2—5) in five career games against CBJ.
- F Dave Bolland has recorded 16 points (10-6—16) in 26 career games against CBJ.
- F Brad Boyes has recorded 25 points (11-14—25) in 33 career games against CBJ.
- G Roberto Luongo owns a 11-6-6 record with four shutouts in 23 career games against CBJ.
- G Al Montoya owns a 1-2-0 record in three career games against CBJ.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Panthers F Derek MacKenzie, played in 279 games for Columbus (2007-2014), recording 69 points (31-38—69).
- Panthers F Scottie Upshall played in 21 games for Columbus (2011), recording seven points (1-6—7).
- Panthers Head Coach Gerard Gallant served as head coach of the Columbus for 142 games (2003-04 & 2005-07), finishing with a 56-76-4-6 record.
- Blue Jackets F Nathan Horton was drafted by Florida in the first round (third overall) of the 2003 NHL Draft. Horton played in 422 games with Florida (2003-10), recording 295 points (142-153–295). Horton was traded to the Boston Bruins in 2011 with Gregory Campbell for a 2010 first round pick and a 2011 third round pick. Florida swapped picks with the Los Angeles Kings at the 2010 draft to draft Nick Bjugstad 19th overall. Florida used the 2011 third round pick to select Kyle Rau 91st overall.
- Columbus F Jack Skille played in 99 games for Florida (2011-13), recording 24 points (8-16—24).
- Columbus D Jordan Leopold, played 61 games for Florida (2009-10), recording 18 points (7-11–18). Florida traded Leopold to the Pittsburgh Penguins for a 2010 second round pick. Florida used the pick to select Connor Brickley
- Columbus television play-by-play announcer Jeff Rimer served as television play-by-play for Florida (1993-2004).
Jan. 31 at New Jersey Devils (17-22-8)
All-Time Record against New Jersey: 27-43-7-7
All-Time Record against New Jersey at home: 16-18-4-4
The Panthers haven't faced the Devils since falling 5-1 to them on opening night (Oct. 11). A lot has changed since then. The Panthers and Devils are now separated by eight points in the standings, with the Panthers having the edge. The meeting between the two is the second of three meetings this season as the Panthers will play their last regular season game against the Devils (Apr. 5).
KNOW YOUR OPPOSITION – NEW JERSEY
-F Mike Cammalleri has recorded ten points (6-4—10) in 16 career games against FLA.
-F Patrik Elias has recorded 51 points (26-25—51) in 57 career games against FLA.
-F Jaromir Jagr has recorded 71 points (34-37—71) in 61 career games against FLA.
-F Travis Zajac has recorded 23 points (9-14—23) in 27 career games against FLA.
- G Keith Kinkaid has yet to face FLA in his career.
-G Cory Schneider owns a 3-1-0 record in five career games against FLA.
CATS VS. DEVILS
-F Nick Bjugstad has recorded three points (1-2—3) in five career games against NJD.
-F Brad Boyes has recorded 14 points (5-9—14) in 23 career games against NJD.
-F Tomas Fleischmann has recorded 13 points (7-6—13) in 28 career games against NJD.
-F Jonathan Huberdeau has recorded four assists (0-4—4) in six career games against NJD.
-G Roberto Luongo owns a 10-14-0 record with three shutouts in 24 career games against NJD.
-G Al Montoya owns a 2-2-2 record with one shutout in seven career games against NJD.
DID YOU KNOW?
-Florida captain D Willie Mitchell was selected by New Jersey in the eighth round (199th overall) of the 1996 NHL Entry Draft. Mitchell played 18 games for New Jersey (1999-01), recording two assists and 29 PIM.
-Florida Assistant Coach John Madden was signed as an undrafted free agent by New Jersey in 1997. Madden played 712 games for New Jersey (1998-09), recording 297 points (140-157—297). Madden won the Frank J. Selke Trophy (2001) and became a two-time Stanley Cup Champion (2000 & 2003) during his time in New Jersey.
-New Jersey F Steve Bernier played 68 games with Florida (2010-11), recording 15 points (5-10—15).
-New Jersey F Scott Gomez played 46 games with Florida (2013-14), recording 12 points (2-10—12).