STORYLINES TO WATCH
- Florida is one OT win away from their 100th overtime victory in franchise history.
- The Panthers currently ride a three-game winning streak for the first time this season.
- F Nick Bjugstad is one goal away from tying his career-high for goals in a season (16).
- F Tomas Fleischmann is five points away from reaching his 300th career point.
- F Jussi Jokinen is one game away from his 700th career game.
Jan. 13 at Winnipeg (21-14-8)
All-Time Record against Winnipeg: 32-32-5-12
All-Time Road Record against Winnipeg: 13-17-4-6
As both teams are embroiled in the playoff races of their respective conferences, the Cats and Jets meet for the first time this season. In the last game of a six-game, 14 day road trip, Florida looks to close out their journey back to South Florida with their fourth consecutive win. The Panthers and Jets split the 2013-14 season series, with Winnipeg taking the most recent game 5-2 (Dec. 20, 2013).
KNOW YOUR OPPOSITION -- WINNIPEG
- F Zach Bogosian has recorded 14 points (4-10—14) in 24 career games against FLA.
- F Dustin Byfuglien has recorded 15 points (5-10—15) in 20 career games against FLA.
- F Evander Kane has recorded 15 points (9-6—15) in 22 career games against FLA.
- F Blake Wheeler has recorded 19 points (8-11—19) in 27 career games against FLA.
- G Michael Hutchinson yet to face FLA in his career.
- G Ondrej Pavelec owns a 11-5-1 record with one shutout in 18 career games against FLA.
CATS VS. JETS
-F Nick Bjugstad has recorded two goals in three career games against WPG.
-D Brian Campbell has recorded 25 points (2-23—25) in 37 career games against WPG.
-F Tomas Fleischmann has recorded 29 points (10-19—29) in 40 career games against WPG.
-F Jonathan Huberdeau has recorded four goals in seven career games against WPG.
- G Roberto Luongo owns a 11-11-1 record with one shutout in 27 career games against WPG.
- G Al Montoya owns a 1-1-0 record in three career games against WPG.
*[Stats include Winnipeg's time as the Atlanta Thrashers, 1999-2011]
DID YOU KNOW?
- Florida G Al Montoya played 35 games for Winnipeg (2012-14), recording a 16-9-3 record with three shutouts.
- Florida F Derek MacKenzie was selected by the Atlanta Thrashers in the fifth round (128th overall) of the 1999 NHL Draft. MacKenzie played 28 games for Atlanta (2001-07), recording two assists.
- Winnipeg F Michael Frolik was selected by Florida in the first round (tenth overall) of the 2006 NHL Draft. Frolik played 213 games for Florida (2008-11), recording 117 points (50-67—117).
- Winnipeg F Adam Lowry is the son of former Florida Panthers F Dave Lowry. Lowry was a member of the inaugural Panthers team, playing 272 games for Florida (1993-98), recording 110 points (50-60—110). Lowry is the first Florida player to score an OT goal (10/30/93 vs. TBL). Lowry was an integral part of Florida's run to the 1996 Stanley Cup Finals, finishing the postseason as the team's leading point scorer with 17 points (10-7—17) in 22 playoff games. Tied for first in franchise playoff goals, Lowry's ten goals stands as a Panthers playoff record.
- Winnipeg Goaltending Coach Wade Flaherty played four games for Florida (2001-02), recording a 2-1-1 record, with a 2.94 GAA and .919 save percentage.
- Florida F Dave Bolland, D Brian Campbell, F Tomas Kopecky and Assistant Coach John Madden won the 2010 Stanley Cup as members of the Chicago Blackhawks. The four Panthers played alongside Winnipeg F Dustin Byfuglien and F Andrew Ladd on the 2010 Chicago Championship team.
Jan. 15 at Colorado Avalanche (18-16-8)
All-Time Record against Colorado: 10-16-3-3
All-Time Home Record against Colorado: 4-11-0-1
Taking the first of their two-game season series 4-3 in overtime on Oct. 21, the Panthers kick off their five-game homestand with their final meeting with the Avalanche. One of the hottest teams in the Western Conference after winning their last three games, the Cats will look to cool down Colorado on their trip down South.
KNOW YOUR OPPOSITION -- COLORADO
- F Daniel Briere has 33 points (15-18—33) in 36 career games against FLA.
- F Matt Duchene has seven points (3-4-7) in six career games against FLA.
- F Jerome Iginla has 21 points (10-11—21) in 26 career games against FLA.
- F Ryan O'Reilly has eight points (4-2—6) in seven career games against FLA.
- G Calvin Pickard has yet to face FLA in his career.
- G Semyon Varlamov owns a 4-2-0 record in six career games against FLA.
CATS VS. AVS
- F Brad Boyes has 19 points (7-12—19) in 21 career games against COL.
- D Brian Campbell has 11 points (2-9—11) in 18 career games against COL.
- F Jonathan Huberdeau has recorded two points (1-1—2) in three career games against COL.
- F Jussi Jokinen has 16 points (6-10—16) in 20 career games against COL.
- G Roberto Luongo owns a 20-15-5 record with three shutouts in 40 career games against COL.
- G Al Montoya owns a 3-1-2 record with one shutout in six career games against COL.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Florida F Tomas Fleischmann played 22 games for Colorado (2010-11), recording 21 points (8-13—21) in 22 games.
- Avalanche F Jesse Winchester played 52 games for Florida (2013-14), recording 18 points (9-9—18).
- Avalanche D Tyson Barrie is the son of former Florida Panthers F Len Barrie. Barrie played for 76 games for Florida (1993-94 & 1999-01), recording 33 points (9-24—33).
CHECK IT OUT
The Panthers 4-3 OT win over the Avalanche (Oct. 21)
Jan. 17 at Edmonton Oilers (10-24-9)
All-Time Record against Edmonton: 9-9-3-4
All-Time Home Record against Edmonton: 5-2-2-4
The Panthers snapped a five-game losing streak to Edmonton, Sunday night (Jan. 11) with a 4-2 win in Oil Country. In the final game of their season series, the Cats and Oilers lock back up a week removed from their previous contest.
KNOW YOUR OPPOSITION -- EDMONTON
- F Jordan Eberle has recorded five points (3-2—5) in five career games against FLA.
- F Taylor Hall has recorded four assists (0-4−4) in three career games against FLA.
- F Ryan Nugent-Hopkins has recorded six assists (0-6—6) in four career games against FLA.
- G Viktor Fasth has not played a game against Florida in his career.
- G Ben Scrivens owns a 3-1-0 record with two shutouts in five career games against FLA.
CATS VS. OILERS
- F Brad Boyes has recorded 20 points (9-11—20) in 23 career games against EDM.
- F Jussi Jokinen has recorded 15 points (5-10—15) in 19 career games against EDM.
- F Dave Bolland has recorded 13 points (6-7—13) in 18 career games against EDM.
- F Scottie Upshall has recorded eight goals (8-0−8) in 15 career games against EDM.
- G Roberto Luongo owns a 27-12-3 record with four shutouts in 44 career games against EDM.
- G Al Montoya has not played a game against Edmonton in his career.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Panthers F Scottie Upshall is a native of Fort McMurray, Alberta. His number 7 was recently retired (Jan.10) by his AJHL team the Fort McMurray Oil Barons. Upshall played for the Oil Barons during the 1999-2000 season. The Oil Barons won the Royal Bank Cup that season.
- Edmonton Assistant Coach Craig Ramsay served two separate stints as Assistant Coach for Florida (93-95, 2011-13).
CHECK IT OUT
Florida's 4-2 win over Edmonton (Jan. 11)