STORYLINES TO WATCH
- Florida Coach Gerard Gallant will face two teams from his past this week.
- G Roberto Luongo is one game away (821) from passing G Sean Burke to own the rank of 12th all-time among NHL goaltenders in games played.
- G Al Montoya is two games away from his 100th career game.
MONDAY'S MATCH-UP/ THURSDAY'S THROWDOWN
Dec. 1 at Columbus Blue Jackets (6-15-2)
Dec. 4 vs. Columbus Blue Jackets
All-Time Record against Columbus: 4-7-0-4
All-Time Record vs. Columbus on the road: 2-5-0-1
Florida has struggled against Columbus, owning an eight-game winless streak (0-6-2) against the Blue Jackets. The Jackets have dropped their last six games while Florida comes to Columbus with wins in their last two games. The two teams will lock up twice this week in a home and home series.
KNOW YOUR OPPOSITION -- COLUMBUS
-F Nick Foligno has recorded 14 points (6-8–14) in 21 career games against FLA.
- D James Wisniewski has recorded 12 points (2-10–12) in 11 career games against FLA.
- F Ryan Johansen has recorded six points (2-4–6) in four career games against FLA.
- G Sergei Bobrovsky owns a 6-1-0 record in seven career games against FLA.
CATS VS. JACKETS
- F Brad Boyes has recorded 24 points (11-13–24) in 31 career games against CBJ.
-F Nick Bjugstad has recorded two points (1-1–2) in three career games against CBJ.
- G Roberto Luongo owns a 11-6-5 record with four shutouts in 22 career games against CBJ.
- G Al Montoya owns a 1-1-0 record in two career games against CBJ.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Panthers F Derek MacKenzie, played in 279 games for Columbus (2007-2014), recording 69 points (31-38–69).
- Panthers F Scottie Upshall played in 21 games for Columbus (2011), recording seven points (1-6--7).
- Panthers Head Coach Gerard Gallant served as head coach of the Columbus for 142 games (2003-04 & 2005-07), finishing with a 56-76-4-6 record.
- Blue Jackets F Nathan Horton was drafted by Florida in the first round (third overall) of the 2003 NHL Draft. Horton played in 422 games with Florida (2003-10), recording 295 points (142-153–295). Horton was traded to the Boston Bruins in 2011 with Gregory Campbell for a 2010 first round pick and a 2011 third round pick. Florida swapped picks with the Los Angeles Kings at the 2010 draft to draft Nick Bjugstad 19th overall. Florida used the 2011 third round pick to select Kyle Rau 91st overall.
- Columbus F Jack Skille played in 99 games for Florida (2011-13), recording 24 points (8-16–24).
- Columbus D Jordan Leopold, played 61 games for Florida (2009-10), recording 18 points (7-11–18). Florida traded Leopold to the Pittsburgh Penguins for a 2010 second round pick. Florida used the pick to select Connor Brickley
- Columbus television play-by-play announcer Jeff Rimer served as television play-by-play for Florida (1993-2004).
Dec. 2 at Detroit Red Wings (14-5-5)
All-Time Record against Detroit: 7-13-5-3
All-Time Record against Detroit on the road: 4-5-3-1
Going 3-2-0 in the season series against Detroit last season, the Panthers play their first game against their Atlantic division rivals on Tuesday night in the Motor City. The Wings have had a strong start to the season and have won their last four games as they sit in the top three of the Atlantic.
KNOW YOUR OPPOSITION -- DETROIT
- F Pavel Datsyuk has recorded 17 points (6-11–17) in 13 career games against FLA.
- F Henrik Zetterberg has recorded eight points (2-6–8) in ten career games against FLA.
-D Niklas Kronwall has recorded six points (0-6–6) in 11 career games against FLA.
- G Jimmy Howard owns a 2-0-1 record in three career games against FLA.
CATS VS. WINGS
- F Brad Boyes has recorded 21 points (10-11–21) in 31 career games against DET.
- D Brian Campbell has recorded 16 points (2-14–16) in 29 career games against DET.
- F Nick Bjugstad has two goals (2-0–2) in five career games against DET.
- G Roberto Luongo owns a 11-13-5 record in 30 career games against DET.
- G Al Montoya owns a 1-0-0 record in one career game against DET.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Panthers F Tomas Fleischmann was drafted by Detroit in the second round (63rd overall) of the 2002 NHL Draft.
- Panthers F Tomas Kopecky was drafted by Detroit in the second round (38th overall) of the 2000 NHL Draft. Kopecky won a Stanley Cup with the Red Wings (2008) and recorded 32 points (12-20–32) in 183 games.
- Panthers G Al Montoya played for the University of Michigan (2002-05) owning a 86-29-8 record with three shutouts in 83 games.
- Panthers Coach Gerard Gallant spent the majority of his career with the Red Wings. Gallant played 563 games for Detroit (1984-93) and recorded 467 points (207-260–467). Gallant recorded four 70-plus point seasons, including his most successful year in 1988-1989 when he registered a career high 93 points (39-54–93) and was selected as a NHL Second Team All-Star.
- Red Wings F Stephen Weiss was drafted by Florida in the first round (fourth overall) of the 2001 NHL Draft. Weiss' 654 games (2001-13) as a Panther ranks as the most games by any player in a Panthers uniform. Weiss recorded 394 points (145-249–394) during his time as a Panther, ranking him second all-time in scoring among Florida players and first all-time in assists.
Dec. 6 vs. Buffalo Sabres (8-14-2)
All-Time Record vs. Buffalo: 32-38-4-6
All-Time Record at Buffalo: 14-21-3-3
The Panthers have shutout the Sabres in their last two matchups, with Roberto Luongo owning a shutout streak that extended to three games (dating back to his time with Vancouver) . The Cats may have played well against Buffalo recently, but their Atlantic Division rivals will be looking for revenge after toppling the division leading Montreal Canadiens in back-to-back match-ups.
KNOW YOUR OPPOSITION -- BUFFALO
- F Brian Gionta has posted 28 points (18-10–28) in 40 career games against FLA.
- F Drew Stafford has recorded 15 points (9-6–15) in 28 career games against FLA.
- F Tyler Ennis has posted ten points (3-7–10) in 16 career games against FLA.
- F Matt Moulson has posted nine points (6-3–9) in 18 career games against FLA.
CATS VS. SABRES
- Panthers D Brian Campbell has recorded seven points (2-5–7) in 13 career games against BUF.
- Panthers F Brad Boyes has recorded 16 points (4-12–16) in 26 career games against BUF.
- Panthers F Sean Bergenheim has recorded 11 points (7-4–11) in 23 career games against BUF, including the game-winning goal in Florida's 1-0 win on Oct. 17 at BUF.
- G Roberto Luongo owns a 11-6-0 record with four shutouts in 20 career games against BUF.
- G Al Montoya owns a 3-0-1 record with a shutout in four career games against BUF.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Panthers D Brian Campbell was selected by Buffalo in the sixth round (155th overall) of the 1997 NHL Entry Draft. Campbell played 391 games for the Sabres (1999-2008) recording 176 points (32-144–176).
- Panthers F Brad Boyes played 86 games for Buffalo (2010-12), recording 37 points (13-24–37).
- Sabres D Tyson Strachan played 53 games for Florida (2011-13) recording seven points (1-6–7).