SUNRISE, Fla. – Sunrise Sports & Entertainment announced today that, thanks to a number of innovative and successful initiatives, 2009 was a banner year on the business side of SSE, the Florida Panthers and the BankAtlantic Center.
From a sponsorship standpoint, SSE welcomed over 30 new partners and retained all of its core sponsors for the 2009-10 NHL season. New clients such as Pillar Partners JetBlue and the Learning Experience, in addition to Hugo Boss, Ford, Boar’s Head and Honda and major renewals such as Anheuser-Busch, MetroPCS and IKEA helped make it a record breaking year for SSE’s sponsorship department with the total estimated annual promotional value of new partners and enhanced renewals topping the $6 million mark. Meanwhile, with a corporate partner roster of over 130, SSE maintains annual sponsorship revenues exceeding $20 million.
From a sales standpoint, premium seating at the BankAtlantic Center continues to set the bar in South Florida and beyond with annual suite and ADT Club inventory nearly sold out for the 11th consecutive year. In addition, with a top 10 national ranking according to trade magazine Pollstar, and one of the busiest and most diverse programming schedules in the industry, the BankAtlantic Center welcomed over 2.5 million guests through its turnstiles in 2009.
As an overall business, SSE benefitted from a number of new developments and initiatives including:
- The introduction of new Co-Managing Partners Cliff Viner and Stu Siegel and the ushering in of a new era of Accountability, Accessibility and a Winning Culture
- The unveiling of SSE’s Pledge and Contract With The Community (see the dropdown under Community for details)
- Ratings increases on both Fox Sports Florida (TV) and 790 the Ticket (radio)
- The popularity of Panthers broadcasters Steve Goldstein, Bill Lindsay and Randy Moller
- Eleven home games (09-10 season only) with crowds of over 15,000 fans including the last three home games vs. Boston (18,799), Montreal (19,851) and Pittsburgh (18,110)
- The national success of the Drew Rosenhaus marketing campaign, as well as “Feel The Growl”
- The BankAtlantic Center’s 10th Anniversary celebration
- Unprecedented community outreach through programs such as Stick2Fitness, the Bova Cucina Thanksgiving Feast for underprivileged families presented by JetBlue, the Cooperative Feeding Program, hospital visits, the Face-Off Luncheon presented by AvMed, and more
- Unique ticket sales initiatives such as the Panthers Locker Room, Family Fun Sundays presented by The Learning Experience, etc.
- The Panthers opening the season in Helsinki, Finland as part of the Internationally-recognized NHL Premiere
- The launch of the SSE Media Network, the industry’s first fully integrated sports and entertainment programming medium, providing sponsors with unique marketing and advertising opportunities that drive measurable results and return on investment
- The opening of the $10 million expansion at incredible ICE including a third rink and state-of-the-art training facility for the Panthers
- The Panthers Alumni association continued its support for High School and youth hockey in South Florida with over $10,000 worth of grants and sponsorships
- The first internationally televised boxing events in BankAtlantic Center history with Don King’s St. Valentine’s Day Massacre and Sizzling Summer Showdown
- Achieved the highest Pollstar Arena Venue Ranking in BankAtlantic Center history at No. 3 in the United States for the second quarter of 2009
- The addition of major capital improvements including the Comcast 1LobbyVision LED Boards and Las Vegas-style Outdoor Marquees
Sunrise Sports & Entertainment is the premier company of its kind in South Florida. Follow us on Twitter
. Home to more than 200 events annually and the Florida Panthers Hockey Club, the BankAtlantic Center was a finalist for Arena of the Year in annual awards given by trade publication Pollstar. The BankAtlantic Center welcomes more than two million guests each year and is also the home of Sawgrass Live presented by BankAtlantic.