The Edmonton Oilers Community Foundation and the Oilers Ladies received overwhelming support from hockey fans during the Power of Pink fundraiser at the Saturday, October 21st, Edmonton Oilers game versus Detroit. A total of 3,000 autographed Oilers ballcaps sold-out in 45 minutes, raising $60,000 for the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation!
Fans can continue to participate in the Power of Pink online auction, which runs until Saturday, October 28th, at 12:00 Midnight, by logging onto www.edmontonoilers.com or the Oilers Auction site http://oilers.at.edeal.com
Some of the items included in the Power of Pink online auction are:
- Game-worn helmets, from the October 21st game versus Detroit, autographed by Jason Smith, Fernando Pisani, Raffi Torres, Matt Greene, Brad Winchester and Steve Staios.
- Game-used sticks, from the October 21st game versus Detroit, autographed by Ryan Smyth, Ales Hemsky, Petr Sykora, Marc-Andre Bergeron, Fernando Pisani, Jason Smith, Ethan Moreau, Jean-Francois Jacques, Steve Staios, Brad Winchester, Daniel Tjarnqvist, Patrick Thoresen and Jan Hejda.
- Pink ties autographed by the Oilers Coaching Staff, Oilers anthem singer Paul Lorieau, and Hockey Night In Canada hosts Ron McLean and Don Cherry. Ties donated by Sam Abouhassan Custom Clothier.
- Power of Pink ballcaps signed by Joffrey Lupul, Petr Sykora and Ales Hemsky.
- Limited edition Edmonton Oilers pink and white Reebok jerseys worn during the national anthem.
Proceeds from the Power of Pink online auction will go to the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation.