Skip to main content
The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers

Barons bounce Bulldogs 5-2; series tied 2-2

by Marc Ciampa / Edmonton Oilers
OKC Barons defenceman Anthony Aiello stares down Ian Schultz of the Hamilton Bulldogs (Photo by Steven Christy Photography)


  1. Mark Arcobello, OKC
  2. Linus Omark, OKC
  3. Hunter Tremblay, OKC
  • Oklahoma City and Hamilton are now all even in their best-of-seven series at 2-2.
  • The Barons and Bulldogs continue their best-of-seven series with Game 5 in Oklahoma City Friday night. The game starts at 6:05 p.m. MDT.
The Oklahoma City Barons connected on the power play for the first time in this series, and scored on four other occasions en route to a 5-2 victory over the Hamilton Bulldogs.

Linus Omark and Mark Arcobello each picked up a goal and an assist in the effort which knotted up the best-of-seven series at two games apiece.


Oklahoma City got on the board early this time. Hunter Tremblay picked up a loose puck behind the Hamilton net and wrapped it around for the goal just over three minutes into the game.

Hamilton's early frustrations boiled over to give Oklahoma City the game's first man advantage. Frederic St. Denis was sent off for holding 5:57 into the opening frame.

58 seconds later, Kyle Klubertanz took a high sticking penalty to give the Barons a two-man advantage.

The majority of the power play was held deep in the Hamilton zone but the Barons were unable to convert.

Just past the period's midway point, Nigel Dawes took the puck in the slot and wired it high off the post glove side. Ian Schultz was on the doorstep to scoop up the rebound and put the loose puck in behind Gerber, tying the game at 1-1.

A holding penalty on Chris VandeVelde with 5:35 to go in the opening period put Hamlton on the power play for the first time on the evening.

Hamilton managed three shots on goal during the power play but the Barons were able to clear any rebounds out of harm's way and came out of the two minutes unscathed.

After one period, shots on goal were 11-8 in favour of the Bulldogs but the game was tied 1-1.


Teemu Hartikainen nearly gave the Barons the lead early in the second. He drove to the net and was denied by MacIntyre. He tried to pound the rebound in at the side post but again was turned away.

Dany Masse took a hooking penalty on the play, putting the Barons on the power play for the third time.

After the penalty expired, Hartikainen had another golden chance, breaking in alone on the Hamilton goal but again he was denied by MacIntyre.

However, moments later, Ryan O'Marra teed up a one-timer from the right circle that was tipped in front by Zack Stortini. MacIntyre got a piece of but not enough as it trickled across the line.

After several minutes of sustained pressure, the Bulldogs got a goal back to tie it up at 2-2. Paul Zanette's screened wrister from the left circle eluded Gerber for the tying goal.

Again, Hartikainen had another golden opportunity to score. Linus Omark spotted him at the top of the crease on a beautiful cross-ice pass. However, MacIntyre got a piece of his redirection.

With 25.3 seconds to play in the middle frame, the Barons finally connected for a power play goal. Mark Arcobello blasted a shot from the left point past a screened Drew MacIntyre. The power play goal was Oklahoma City's first of the series in 16 opportunities.

Shots on goal after two periods were 24 to 17 for Hamilton.  


Linus Omark was clipped with a high stick 4:55 into the period by Alexander Avtsin. The result was an Oklahoma City power play as the Barons looked to get the insurance marker, leading by one.

That penalty was killed off but it was immediately followed with another Bulldogs penalty, this time Neil Petruic was sent off for slashing but again the Hamilton penalty killers stood tall.

With 8:34 to go, Omark and Hartikainen rushed in on a two-on-one. Hartikainen's shot missed the target but Omark picked it up behind the net and banked it off the back of MacIntyre's leg and in to extend Oklahoma City's lead to 4-2.

An empty-net goal by Chris VandeVelde in the final minute clinched the outcome for Oklahoma City.
View More