Home Team in CAPS
NY Rangers 4, WASHINGTON 3 – series tied 3-3
ANAHEIM 3, Calgary 2 (OT) – ANA wins series 4-1
PERRY'S OVERTIME-WINNER POWERS DUCKS TO WESTERN CONFERENCE FINAL
Matt Beleskey's tying goal at 0:59 of the third period set the stage for Corey Perry to score the overtime-winner at 2:26 of the extra frame to power the Ducks to the Western Conference Final.
* The Ducks advanced to the Western Conference Final for the fourth time in their history and for the first time since 2007.
* Perry, who briefly left the game in the later stages of the second period with a lower-body injury, scored his second game-winning goal of the postseason and his first career playoff overtime goal. Perry paces the League with 7-8—15 in the 2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs.
* According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Perry became the fourth player in Ducks history to score a series-clinching overtime goal. Perry joined Nick Bonino (April 27, 2014 in Game 6 of WQF at DAL), Scott Niedermayer (May 3, 2007 in Game 5 of CSF vs. VAN) and Steve Rucchin (April 16, 2003 in Game 4 of WQF vs. DET).
* With five career playoff game-winning goals, Perry moved into a tie with Scott Niedermayer and teammate Ryan Getzlaf for second on the Ducks' all-time playoff game-winning goals list. Teemu Selanne holds the lead with eight such goals.
* Beleskey scored on a power-play and extended his goal streak to a franchise playoff record five games (5-0—5). Elias notes that Beleskey also became the first player in franchise history to register goals in each of the first five games of a playoff series. The most-recent NHL player to register goals in each of the first five games of a playoff series was Vancouver’s Mikael Samuelsson, who scored in the first five games of their 2010 WQF series vs. LAK.
* The Ducks earned their League-leading fourth win of the postseason where they trailed at the second intermission (also Games 1-3 of their FR series vs. WPG).
* Ryan Kesler scored on a power-play and extended his playoff point streak to four games (1-3—4).
* Frederik Andersen made 17 saves and is 8-1 in the 2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs with a 1.96 goals-against average and a .925 save percentage.
* Cam Fowler (0-2—2) and Jakob Silfverberg (0-2—2) each registered two assists. Silfverberg has posted 1-3—4 in his past two games.
* Patrick Maroon (0-1—1) extended his playoff point streak to three games (2-1—3). Francois Beauchemin (0-1—1) registered his 26th career postseason assist and tied Scott Niedermayer for the Ducks' all-time lead in the category among defensemen.
* The Ducks are 8-1 in the 2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs, which includes an active five-game home winning streak at Honda Center. No other team this postseason has fewer than two losses on their record.
* The Ducks extended their home winning streak against the Flames to 22 games dating to April 27, 2006 (regular season and playoffs).
* The Ducks will face the Chicago Blackhawks in the Western Conference Final. Anaheim has never faced Chicago in the playoffs.
* ICYMI: Click here to watch the Ducks-Flames handshake.
2015 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS BRACKET CHALLENGE
Among the more than 800,000 entries for the 2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs Bracket Challenge powered by Samsung, 64.6% picked the Ducks to advance to the Western Conference Final.
RANGERS HOLD OFF LATE CAPITALS RALLY TO FORCE GAME 7
The New York Rangers built a 4-1 lead early in the third period and held off a late rally by the Washington Capitals to tie their series at 3-3 and force a Game 7.
* The Rangers forced a Game 7 after trailing a best-of-seven series 3-1 for the third time in team history. The other two instances were April 1, 1939 at BOS in Game 6 of the SF (3-1 W) and May 11, 2014 vs. PIT in Game 6 of the CSF (3-1 W).
* The Rangers won Game 6 of a playoff series on the road when facing elimination for the third time (also 1994 EQF at NJD and 2012 EQF at OTT). New York has won Game 6 of a playoff series on the road seven times.
* The Rangers have won 13 of the last 16 playoff games in which they have faced elimination dating to April 23, 2012 in Game 6 of the EQF at OTT (3-2 W).
* Chris Kreider (2-0—2) opened the scoring 40 seconds into the contest and added a second marker on a power-play with 0.3 seconds remaining in the first period. The performance was Kreider's first career multi-goal game in the postseason.
* According to the Elias Sports Bureau, the Rangers scored a goal in the first minute and last minute of a single period in a playoff game for the first time since May 1, 2008 in the third period of Game 4 of the CSF vs. PIT (3-0 W).
* Elias notes that Kreider became the first player in Rangers history to score a goal in the first minute and last minute of a single period in a playoff game.
* Kreider, who scored the tying goal with 1:41 remaining in regulation in Game 5 (2-1 OT W), has scored in back-to-back playoff games for the first time in his career (52 GP).
* Henrik Lundqvist made 42 saves and is 7-4 in the 2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs with a 1.68 goals-against average and a .940 save percentage. Lundqvist's 42 saves are the most he has made in a playoff game which ended in regulation in his career.
* Elias notes that Lundqvist became the first Rangers goaltender in the NHL's expansion era (since 1967-68) to make 42 or more saves and win a playoff game in regulation in a game where the Rangers faced elimination. Lundqvist's 42 saves are also tied for the third-most a Rangers goaltender has registered in a playoff game which ended in regulation in the NHL’s expansion era.
* Lundqvist holds a 13-3 mark (1.42 GAA, .955 save percentage, 2 shutouts) in the past 16 games in which the Rangers have faced elimination.
* ALL-ACCESS: Lundqvist was mic'd up when he received the Broadway Hat after the game.
* Dan Boyle scored his first game-winning goal of the 2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs and the third such goal of his playoff career. Rick Nash scored for the Rangers.
* Derick Brassard (0-2—2) registered two assists.
* Elias notes that New York owns an all-time record of 8-5 in Game 7s while Washington owns an all-time record of 4-9. Both clubs have met three times previously in Game 7s with NYR holding a 2-1 edge between the clubs, including winning the previous such meeting on May 13, 2013 in the EQF at WSH (5-0 W).
DID YOU KNOW?
* Kreider scored at 0:40 of the first period, Washington's Jason Chimera scored at 0:28 of the second period and Nash scored at 0:54 of the third period. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Game 6 marked the first playoff game where goals were scored in the opening minute of all three periods since May 7, 2000 in Game 5 of the CSF between Pittsburgh and Philadelphia. Philadelphia's Daymond Langkow scored at 0:23 of the first period, Philadelphia's Dan McGillis scored at 0:16 of the second period and Pittsburgh’s Darius Kasparaitis scored at 0:40 of the third period.
All 11 games the Rangers have played during the 2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs have featured one-goal margins. The club has contested 13 straight such games dating to last postseason (Game 4 of F vs. LAK), the longest such streak in Stanley Cup Playoffs history. ... Rangers coach Alain Vigneault earned his 20th postseason win with New York and passed John Tortorella for sole possession of third on their all-time playoff wins list. ... Washington forward Joel Ward (1-2—3) recorded his second career three-point game in the postseason. His first such performance was on May 7, 2011 in Game 5 of the CSF vs. NSH w/ VAN (2-1—3). ... Washington forward Jason Chimera (1-1—2) scored 28 seconds into the second period and had an assist to record his second multi-point game of the 2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Chimera's goal was the ninth-fastest goal to start any playoff period in Capitals history. Mike Gartner scored the fastest such goal 15 seconds into the first period on April 8, 1987 vs. NYI. ... Washington forward Evgeny Kuznetsov (1-1—2) recorded his second multi-point game of the 2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs. ... Washington's winning streak at Verizon Center ended at five games. ... Washington suffered consecutive losses for the first time in the 2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs. ... Calgary goaltender Karri Ramo made a playoff career-high 44 saves (7 GP). ... Calgary forward Jiri Hudler (1-1—2) recorded his third multi-point game of the 2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs. ... Calgary defenseman Dennis Wideman (0-2—2) registered two assists. ... Calgary forward Johnny Gaudreau (1-0—1) extended his playoff point streak to three games (2-1—3). Gaudreau paces the Flames and all rookies with 4-5—9 in the postseason (11 GP). ... Calgary defenseman Kris Russell (0-1—1) extended his playoff point streak to three games (0-3—3)... The NHL announced the start time and national television information for Game 6 of 2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs Second Round series between the Canadiens and the Lightning scheduled for Tuesday, May 12. ... The NHL announced the start time and national television information for Game 7 of 2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs Second Round series between the Rangers and the Capitals scheduled for Wednesday, May 13. ... ICYMI: Click here to watch Rangers fans celebrate their Game 6 victory.