PAVELSKI, SHARKS INCH CLOSER TO STANLEY CUP FINAL
The San Jose Sharks scored four unanswered goals, including the tying and winning goals by captain Joe Pavelski (2-1-3), to beat the St. Louis Blues 6-3 and take a 3-2 lead in the Western Conference Final. They Sharks are one win from clinching their first trip to the Stanley Cup Final.
* Pavelski scored the tying and go-ahead goals in a span of 1:43 between the second and third periods to establish a Sharks record with his League-leading fourth game-winning goal of the 2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs.
* Pavelski, who extended his point streak to six games (4-5-9), leads the League with 12 goals and shares the lead with 21 points with teammate Logan Couture (7-14-21). Both totals extend single-postseason Sharks records.
* Pavelski's seven career three-point games in the postseason are the most by a Sharks player, according the Elias Sports Bureau. Three players have more such performances since the start of 2007 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Pittsburgh Penguins teammates Evgeni Malkin (13) and Sidney Crosby (10), and Detroit Red Wings captain Henrik Zetterberg (eight).
* Per Elias, when teams are tied 2-2 in a best-of-7 Stanley Cup Playoffs series, the winner of Game 5 holds an all-time series record of 192-53 (78.3 percent).
Video: SJS@STL, Gm5: Pavelski redirects puck for second goal
Home Team in Caps
San Jose 6, ST. LOUIS 3 - SJS leads 3-2
SHARKS CONTINUE RECORD-SETTING RUN
* The Sharks established and matched franchise records for wins (11) and road wins (five) in a single postseason, surpassing and tying marks set during their run to the 2004 Western Conference Final.
* Martin Jones (18 saves), who has been the goaltender of record in all 11 victories, set a Sharks record for wins in a single postseason, one more than Evgeni Nabokov had in 2004.
* Joe Thornton (0-3-3) and Logan Couture (0-1-1) each had their 14th assist of the postseason, which is tied for the League lead and matched the Sharks record for the most in a playoff year. Thornton, who set that record with 14 assists in 2011, also became the third active player with 90 career playoff assists, joining Jaromir Jagr (123) and Marian Hossa (97).
Video: SJS@STL, Gm5: Jones stones break to keep game tied
Road teams have won 41 of 82 games this postseason after winning 38 games during the entire 2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs (38-51). … ICYMI: Blues forward Troy Brouwer and Sharks forward Joel Ward (2-0-2) each batted the puck out of mid-air for goals. … Brouwer scored his eighth goal of the 2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs, one more than he had in his first 78 postseason games. … Sharks defenseman Marc-Edouard Vlasic (1-1-2) scored his third career playoff goal in his 101st game. … Actor Jon Hamm, a native of St. Louis, snapped a picture with Hockey Hall of Fame member Brett Hull while attending Game 5 of the Western Conference Final