RANGERS DEFEAT LEAGUE-LEADING CAPITALS
After seeing their 2-0 lead erased in the second period, Derek Stepan (1-1-2) scored the go-ahead goal just 17 seconds into the final stanza to lead the New York Rangers past the NHL-leading Washington Capitals for their fourth win in five games (4-1-0).
* At 38-21-6 (82 points), the Rangers increased their lead to five points over the idle New York Islanders (35-20-7, 77 points) for second place in the Metropolitan Division.
* Stepan scored his fifth game-winning goal of the season and had an assist for his seventh multiple-point game of the season.
Video: NYR@WSH: Stepan fires puck off defender for the lead
* Antti Raanta (32 saves) has won three consecutive decisions and improved to 7-4-2 overall (2.30 GAA, .915 SV%, 1 SO).
DID YOU KNOW?
The Rangers, who lost 4-1 at the Pittsburgh Penguins on Thursday, are 10-0-0 in their past 10 games following a regulation loss, dating to Dec. 22. Per the Elias Sports Bureau, New York's 10-game winning streak in games following a regulation loss is the longest within one season in franchise history.
LEHTONEN, SCEVIOUR LEAD STARS PAST DEVILS
Kari Lehtonen made 18 saves and Colton Sceviour (1-1-2) scored the game-winning goal at 11:24 of the second period as the Dallas Stars topped the New Jersey Devils and ended a four-game slide (0-3-1).
* At 39-20-7 (85 points), the Stars tied the idle Chicago Blackhawks (40-21-5, 85 points) - in terms of points - for first place in the Central Division. Chicago owns the ROW tiebreaker (CHI: 39, DAL: 37).
Video: NJD@DAL: Sceviour tips puck in front for the goal
* Lehtonen ended a personal four-game skid (0-3-1) and is 17-8-1 overall (2.89 GAA, .906 SV%, 1 SO).
* Sceviour scored his ninth goal of the season (58 GP), matching his career high from 2014-15 (71 GP). He also had an assist for his fifth multiple-point game of the season. Sceviour has four goals in his past six games (4-2-6).
* Valeri Nichushkin (1-1-2) also had a goal and an assist to record his fourth multiple-point performance of the season.
QUICK STRIKES POWER BLUE JACKETS OVER OILERS
The Columbus Blue Jackets scored two goals in the opening 2:44 of the game and scored in 43 seconds or less following all three goals by the Edmonton Oilers en route to their third consecutive victory at Nationwide Arena.
* Boone Jenner (1-1-2) scored his third game-winning goal of the season and added an assist to pick up his ninth multipoint game of the campaign.
* David Savard (2-0-2) registered the first multiple-goal game of his NHL career.
Video: EDM@CBJ: Savard scores two goals in win vs. Oilers
* Joonas Korpisalo (33 saves) had his fourth win in his past five games (4-1-0); he is 13-8-4 overall (2.61 GAA, .918 SV%).
MILESTONES & BENCHMARKS
* Stars forward Vernon Fiddler scored his first shorthanded goal of the season and the 10th of his NHL career. He has 100 NHL goals.
Video: NJD@DAL: Fiddler scores empty-netter for 100th goal
* Blue Jackets forward Scott Hartnell (1-1-2) moved within one goal of becoming the third player from the 2000 NHL Draft class to reach 300 goals (Marian Gaborik : 386 and Dany Heatley: 372).
The Blue Jackets improved to 9-2-0 in their last 11 home games vs. Edmonton, dating to Nov. 16, 2009 (EDM: 2-5-4), including four straight wins. ... Oilers forward Connor McDavid (1-1-2) has 8-14-22 in 17 games since returning from injury. He is tied for sixth among all rookies with 13-21-34 overall (30 GP), despite missing 37 games. ... Stars forward Jason Spezza (1-0-1) has 8-26-34 in 34 career regular-season appearances vs. New Jersey. ... The Stars improved to 7-1-1 in their past nine home games vs. New Jersey, dating to Nov. 28, 2003 (NJD: 2-7-0). ... Devils forward Devante Smith-Pelly (1-0-1) has scored in each of his two games since being acquired by New Jersey (2-1-3). ... Arizona Coyotes forward Max Domi has been suspended for one game, without pay, for instigating a fight during the final five minutes of a game on March 3 vs. the Anaheim Ducks.