Moncton Wildcats left wing Christoph Lalonde, a 2013 NHL Draft prospect, was honored Monday by the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League as the Second Star of the Week.
In three games last week, the 5-foot-9, 173-pound forward totaled six goals and an assist, even though his team lost two of the three games.
His big week started Tuesday, as he had a pair of goals in a 5-3 win against the Acadie-Bathurst Titan for his first multi-goal QMJHL game. He had an assist and seven shots on goal in a 4-3 overtime loss Friday to the Saint John Sea Dogs. He saved his best for last, however, as he tied a team record with four goals in an 8-6 loss to the Halifax Mooseheads on Saturday.
Lalonde now has 11 goals in 29 games this season, nearly tripling the four he scored in 65 games last season. His 16 points this season is one more than he scored last season.
Lalonde wasn't the only QMJHL draft-eligible player to have a big weekend. Here is how a few others fared:
* PEI Rocket left wing Victor Provencher had a pair of goals Friday in his team's 5-2 win at the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles. Then on Sunday he had a goal and two assists in the Rocket's 6-3 win against Saint John.
* Saint John left wing Jakub Izacky scored a pair of goals in his team's 4-3 overtime loss at Moncton on Friday.
* Val-d'Or teammates Anthony Mantha and Vincent Dunn each had a goal and an assist in the Foreurs' 5-3 defeat of the Blainville-Boisbriand Armada on Friday. Mantha is No. 6 on NHL Central Scouting's preliminary ranking of QMJHL skaters for this year's draft, while Dunn is No. 12.
* Baie-Comeau right wing Thomas Gobeil had a pair of goals and an assist in the Drakkar's 6-2 defeat of the Victoriaville Tigres on Friday, while teammate Gabryel Paquin-Boudreau had a goal and two assists. Paquin-Boudreau is No. 15 on Central Scouting's list, while Gobeil is No. 20.
* Halifax right wing Darcy Ashley had two goals and three assists in his team's 8-6 win at Moncton on Saturday. Teammate Matthew Boudreau had a hat trick and Luca Ciampini had four assists.
* Rouyn-Noranda center Jean-Sebastien Dea had a hat trick in his team's 6-3 win against Blainville-Boisbriand on Saturday. Teammate Felix Caron had two goals.
* Quebec Remparts teammates Anthony Duclair and Adam Erne each had a goal and an assist in their team's 3-2 shootout win Sunday against Chicoutimi. Duclair, No. 8 on Central Scouting's list, assisted on the game-tying goal and scored the deciding goal in the shootout. Erne is No. 5 on the list.
* Rimouski left wing Peter Trainor had a goal and an assist and teammate Frederik Gauthier had two assists in the Oceanic's 4-1 win against the Shawinigan Cataractes on Sunday.
Contact Adam Kimelman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter: @NHLAdamK