PENGUINS CONTINUE HOME DOMINANCE
The line of Sidney Crosby (1-2-3), Bryan Rust (1-2-3) and Conor Sheary (2-1-3) combined for four goals and nine points when the Pittsburgh Penguins extended their home winning streak to a season-high seven games. The Penguins are 13-0-1 in their past 14 home games and 20-2-2 at PPG Paints Arena.
* Evgeni Malkin (0-2-2) earned his 16th multi-point game of the season to extend his point streak to a season-high seven games (6-5-11). With 54 points (22 goals, 32 assists), Malkin sits tied with Crosby (28-26-54) for second place in NHL scoring behind Connor McDavid (16-40-56).
* Matt Murray made an NHL career-high 44 saves, surpassing his previous mark of 41 set earlier this season (Dec. 14, 2016 vs. BOS). Murray has won four straight games and is 17-4-1 this season.
Video: Sheary, Murray propel Pens to 5-1 win against Bruins
Home Team in Caps
NY Rangers 1, DETROIT 0 (OT)
PITTSBURGH 5, Boston 1
Columbus 7, OTTAWA 6 (OT)
Philadelphia 3, NY ISLANDERS 2 (OT)
CHICAGO 4, Vancouver 2
Nashville 4, MINNESOTA 2
LUNDQVIST MAKES HISTORY IN SHUTOUT VS. RED WINGS
Henrik Lundqvist stopped all 21 shots he faced to earn his 20th win and second shutout of the season.
* Per Elias, Lundqvist became the first goaltender in history to have 20 or more wins in each of his first 12 NHL seasons. Additionally, he became the third goalie in League history to earn 12 straight 20-win seasons at any point in his career, joining Martin Brodeur (12, 1995-96 to 2007-08) and Tony Esposito (12, 1969-70 to 1980-81). Lundqvist also extended his New York Rangers record with his 61st shutout.
Video: Lundqvist, Miller lead Rangers to 1-0 OT win
TOEWS SHINES, BLACKHAWKS CONTINUE WINNING WAYS
Captain Jonathan Toews (1-3-4) scored the game winner with 1:18 remaining in the third period to help the Chicago Blackhawks earn their third straight victory and improve to 7-3-0 in their past 10 games.
* Chicago (30-14-5, 65 points) once again equaled the Minnesota Wild (30-11-5, 65 points) for the most points in the Western Conference. The Wild, however, hold three games in hand.
* Corey Crawford made 26 saves to become the fourth goalie in Blackhawks history with 200 NHL wins (Tony Esposito: 418, Glenn Hall: 275 and Ed Belfour: 201).
* Brian Campbell (0-1-1) assisted on the opening goal for his 500th NHL point.
Video: Toews' late goal powers Hawks past Canucks, 4-2
DID YOU KNOW?
The Columbus Blue Jackets and Ottawa Senators combined to score 13 goals, marking the sixth day of the past seven that a game has featured at least 10 goals. Per Elias, 34 of the 706 games contested this season have featured 10 or more goals (4.8%), compared to 39 of 1,230 games last season (3.2%).
* Sunday featured the fourth consecutive day when a team scored at least seven goals (Jan. 19 - WSH; Jan. 20 - PIT; Jan. 21 - EDM), marking the first time a team has scored seven or more goals in four straight days since Nov. 17-20, 2010.
Captain Claude Giroux scored his second overtime goal of the season to help the Philadelphia Flyers overcome a 2-0 deficit and end a three-game slide . . . Nashville Predators coach Peter Laviolette became the 25th coach to win 500 NHL games. The Predators are 6-1-0 in their past seven games . . . Senators forward Kyle Turris scored in his 500th NHL game . . . Wild forward Mikael Granlund (1-7-8 in 7 GP), Senators captain Erik Karlsson (0-7-7 in 6 GP), Vancouver Canucks captain Henrik Sedin (2-3-5 in 5 GP) and Rangers forward Mats Zuccarello (0-7-7 in 5 GP) each extended point streaks . . . Blue Jackets defenseman Scott Harrington scored his first NHL goal (31 GP).
Video: Forsberg helps Predators defeat Wild, 4-2
SNEAK PEEK AT MONDAY'S ACTION
All Times Eastern
Los Angeles @ NY Rangers, 7 p.m., TVA Sports, SN, SN1, MSG, FS-W
Carolina @ Washington, 7 p.m., CSN-DC, FS-CR
Calgary @ Toronto, 7:30 p.m., TSN4, SNW
Anaheim @ Winnipeg, 8 p.m., TSN3, KCOP-13
San Jose @ Colorado, 9 p.m., NBCSN
Florida @ Arizona, 9 p.m., FS-A, FS-F
NBC Sports Channel Finder
Sportsnet Channel Finder
NHLN Channel Finder