TORONTO -- The National Hockey League (NHL) and its corporate partners will entertain hockey fans in Ottawa with The PreGame, the official tailgate party of the 2017 Scotiabank NHL100 Classic™ - the regular season outdoor game on Dec. 16 at Lansdowne Park between the Ottawa Senators and Montreal Canadiens, celebrating the 100th anniversary of the League's first games played on Dec. 19, 1917.
The two-day hockey-themed, family-friendly festival will be hosted at the Aberdeen Pavilion and Aberdeen Square (1000 Exhibition Way) in Ottawa on Saturday, Dec. 16 from 1-7 p.m. ET and Sunday, Dec. 17 from 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. ET. The PreGame is free of charge and open to fans of all ages. A ticket to the NHL100 Classic is not required for entry.
The event will feature partnership activations and giveaways, special appearances by NHL® alumni, food and hockey attractions, including the NHL Centennial Fan Arena and the most revered trophy in all sports - the Stanley Cup®. An interactive traveling fan experience visiting all NHL markets across North America in 2017, the NHL Centennial Fan Arena is part of the League's Centennial festivities honoring a century's worth of extraordinary players and teams, remarkable plays, and unforgettable moments, and includes:
MUSEUM TRUCK - The main attraction is a 53-foot museum truck with an innovative interior featuring more than 1,000 square feet of interactive digital displays, original video content, one-of-a-kind historical memorabilia, unique photo moments and a social media wall. Customized to each market, the Museum Truck will showcase the history of the NHL and Ottawa Senators.
VIDEO TRUCK - A second 53-foot trailer with a giant video screen will feature team highlights and all-access programming.
THE "RINK" - A pop-up ball hockey rink will give youth hockey players a chance to shine.
CLEAR THE ICE ZAMBONI® VR EXPERIENCE - This never-before-seen VR experience allows fans to compete against each other in a race to resurface the ice. Fans will take a seat in a mini Zamboni® ice resurfacer and feel their seat rumble before being tasked with creating the perfect sheet of ice.
PORTRAITS OF 100 GREATEST NHL PLAYERS - Ottawa-native and renowned Canadian artist Tony Harris (@THFineArt), was specially commissioned to create original portraits of the NHL's 100 Greatest Players. These portraits, capturing the character and spirit of each player on one-of-a-kind 11x14 canvas, will be on display throughout The PreGame festivities.
In addition to the NHL Centennial Fan Arena, the following events and attractions will be free and open to the general public throughout The PreGame's operating hours in Aberdeen Pavilion and Aberdeen Square:
- On Saturday, the NHL, NHLPA, and Ottawa Senators will host a Learn to Play™ graduation ceremony, celebrating 70 boys and girls ranging from ages 4-8 who participated in the Ottawa Senators' Learn to Play program.
- Scotiabank, title sponsor of the 2017 Scotiabank NHL100 Classic™, will support the milestone "One Million Kids. And Counting" with a team dedicated to making The PreGame a memorable experience for all attendees, especially kids. Fans can chip away at a 30-foot wall of ice with Scotiabank's Chip-to-Win contest, for a chance to win Scotiabank NHL100 Classic-themed prizes, NHL game tickets and NHLShop.ca gift cards. Fans will also have a chance to meet and take photos with Senators and Canadiens alumni.
- The Mitsubishi Electric activation tent will warm up fans with superior heating and cooling technology engineered specifically for Canadian climates. Fans can also win prizes and register for the chance to win a trip to the 2018 Honda NHL® All-Star Weekend at UltimateHomeGame.ca.
- The Esso Pump to Win will challenge fans to make the "Perfect Pump" to win a $10 Esso Gas Card. Participants will receive an Esso PRICE PRIVILEGES Fuel Savings Card.
- Guests can Mix Things up with Reese Snack Mix, and show their skills at a hockey-inspired sharp shooter game at the Reese Snack Mix truck.
- The Oikos sharp shooter booth will offer champions the chance to enjoy delicious Danone greek yogurts.
- At the Sonnet Accuracy Challenge, fans who hit all four targets with their slap shots will walk away with a Shop.NHL.com gift card courtesy of Sonnet Insurance, the entirely online home and auto insurance experience inspired by optimism.
- Canadian Tire invites fans to Escape the MAXIMUM Hockey Garage by uncovering clues, solving puzzles, and beating the clock for a chance to win great prizes, courtesy of MAXIMUM Tools.
- Tim Hortons Coffee Truck will offer fans a free cup of coffee, hot chocolate or a latte.
- Visitors to the Honda tent can check out the all-new Accord and the 5-Door Civic, test their shooting accuracy into the back of a CRV, charge their mobile devices, and meet NHL Alumni for photos and autographs.
- Visit the Kraft Dinner NHL booth to take a shot at being a Top Cheese for a chance to win KD for a year.
- Fans of legal drinking age can take a shot at the iconic Molson Canadian Slap Shot fridge for their chance to win great Canadian prizing. Whether taking part or just taking it all in, fans can enjoy an ice-cold Molson Canadian, the official beer of the National Hockey League.
- Fans can exchange their quarter at The Royal Canadian Mint's booth for the new 25-cent circulation coin commemorating the 125th anniversary of the Stanley Cup®, or see coin packs of ten showcasing the 100th anniversary of the NHL.
- The Rogers Fan Hub will feature innovative and interactive experiences, including virtual autographs from NHL stars and a hockey-themed Zamboni® video game. Rogers customers get exclusive access to prizes and VIP experiences through GamePlus.
- A great selection of officially-licensed event merchandise to commemorate this day in hockey history will be available at the Fanatics Official Shop trailer just outside the gates to The PreGame.
- Fans can visit the Upper Deck Trading Card Zone to design a personalized hockey card for free and add their signature to their card.
- The game will be broadcast live on CBC and TVA Sports in Canada and on NBCSN in the U.S. at 7 p.m. ET. NHL Network™ and NHL.com will provide coverage leading up to the game. Fans can follow @NHL.