NEW YORK - The National Hockey League and Yankee Stadium would like to remind fans attending Wednesday's 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series game between the New York Rangers and New York Islanders about some ticket, weather and security matters.
Start time is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday. Fans are encouraged to arrive early to avoid anticipated heavy traffic and last minute crowds at the gates, and to enjoy pregame festivities inside the stadium. All gates to Yankee Stadium will open at 5:30 p.m. ET.
Fans are also reminded of the following:
· All fans, regardless of age, must have a valid ticket to be admitted to the stadium.
· The 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series New York is sold out! The National Hockey League and the Yankees are warning fans to watch out for counterfeit tickets if attempting to make a purchase from scalpers.
· Additionally, the NHL cautions that fans planning to attend the event could be targeted by counterfeiters attempting to sell unauthorized and poorly made knock-off merchandise. In addition to misleading consumers who believe they are buying authentic merchandise, counterfeiting hurts local retailers and businesses that play by the rules. To avoid being victimized by counterfeiters, the NHL urges fans to take the necessary precautions to ensure they're buying high-quality merchandise and not supporting illegal activity.
· The Weather Forecast for Game Day is anticipated to be cold with temperatures possibly falling into the teens. Fans should dress appropriately for the cold outdoor weather conditions at Yankee Stadium.
· Fans are encouraged to wear layers, and are allowed to bring blankets into Yankee Stadium to help keep warm.
· Security personnel and Yankee Stadium Team Members will be on hand to help ensure that all guests have a safe, enjoyable experience.
· Media must have pre-registered and have a valid credential prior to being admitted to the stadium.
NHL fans who are interested in experiencing everything New York City has to offer should visit NYCgo.com to find official information about New York City hotels, restaurants, shops, nightlife and sporting events as well as exclusive deals and offers.