LIGHTNING HANG ON, EVEN CONFERENCE FINAL WITH PENGUINS
The Tampa Bay Lightning built a four-goal lead and held off a frantic three-goal rally by the Pittsburgh Penguins in the third period for a 4-3 victory in Game 4 of the Eastern Conference Final on Friday night at Amalie Arena.
The best-of-7 series is tied 2-2 with Game 5 at Consol Energy Center in Pittsburgh on Sunday (8 p.m. ET; NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports.
* Ryan Callahan opened the scoring 27 seconds into the game. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Callahan scored the second-fastest goal to begin a playoff game in franchise history, 14 seconds later than Adam Hall (0:13) in Game 2 of the 2011 Eastern Conference Final at the Boston Bruins.
* Tyler Johnson scored his second game-winning goal of the 2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs (also Game 2 of the First Round against the Detroit Red Wings). With six career game-winning goals in the postseason, all with Tampa Bay, Johnson passed Vincent Lecavalier (5) for third in Lightning playoff history.
* The Lightning improved to 11-1 since the start of the 2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs when Johnson scores a postseason goal.
* Lightning defenseman Victor Hedman (0-2-2) registered his fourth multi-point game of the 2016 playoffs. With 30 career playoff assists, he passed Vincent Lecavalier (28) and Brad Richards (29) for sole possession of second in franchise history.
* According to the Elias Sports Bureau, when teams are tied 2-2 in a best-of-seven Stanley Cup Playoff series, the winner of Game 5 holds an all-time series record of 290-81 (78.2 percent).
* Lightning teammates Nikita Kucherov (+14), Johnson (+13) and Alex Killorn (+10) own the top three plus-minus ratings in the 2016 playoffs.
MALKIN MOVES UP
Penguins forward Evgeni Malkin scored to end an eight-game goal drought and has 44 points (20 goals, 24 assists) in 35 career games against the Lightning (regular season and playoffs). With 46 career playoff goals, Malkin tied Kevin Stevens for fourth in franchise history.
Game 4 of the Western Conference Final between the San Jose Sharks and St. Louis Blues is Saturday at SAP Center (7:15 p.m. ET; NBC, CBC, TVA Sports. The Sharks lead the best-of-7 series 2-1. … Seven goals have been scored in the opening minute of regulation in the 2016 playoffs. … With a goal in Game 4, Penguins forward Phil Kessel extended his point streak to six games (5-4-9). … In his first appearance since March 31, Pittsburgh goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury made seven saves in relief of Matt Murray . … Lightning forward Jonathan Drouin has 12 points (four goals, eight assists in 14 playoff games, compared to 10 points (four goals, six assists) during the 2015-16 regular season. … The Florida Panthers will unveil their new logo and uniforms on June 2 during a viewing party at BB&T Center. … SHOWTIME Sports debuted ALL ACCESS: Quest for the Stanley Cup, chronicling the four teams participating in the 2016 Conference Finals. The first episode can be watched on NHL.com.