-- This afternoon, Bell Mobility will announce a partnership with the National Hockey League and the National Hockey League Players' Association to deliver a broad range of mobile NHL content and services in Canada. The products and services will be available exclusively to Bell Mobility consumers starting today, the organizations said.
The new products and services give Bell Mobility users access to live NHL games on NHL Audio; in-game and post-game video highlights; live NHL games through NHL Centre Ice Mobile; and text alerts directly on their compatible mobile phones and smartphones. The package also includes a wide variety of downloads of official NHL wallpapers and ringtones, as well as specialty Mobile Video Exclusives that include Frozen Moments; Fantasy Fan Blast; Fantasy Quick Tip and Prime Match-Up; and other features including Game of the Week and more.
"Mobile access is all about keeping people constantly connected to each other and to content," said Laurel Walzak, the NHL's director of business development and integrates sales and marketing. "This partnership supports a key theme for the NHL in Canada, which is to be the brand that unites Canadians that love hockey."
From their mobile or smartphone, Bell Mobility says that subscribers can customize the services with the so-called Unlimited NHL Bundle, which includes:
- NHL Video Highlights -- Period, post-game and team highlights
- NHL Audio -- Audio of all NHL games live
- NHL on Demand -- Highlights from the game of the night, best moments of the week, player features, expert insights, and more for all 30 NHL teams
- NHL Centre Ice Mobile™– Select games live (may not include games involving Canadian teams; blackouts and other restrictions apply)
- NHL Downloads -- A variety of ringtones and wallpapers
- NHL Alerts -- Unlimited official real-time text message alerts for any NHL team or player
Bell Mobility says that NHL plans start at $8 per month and are included in many Bell bundles and smartphone plans. The services are available on select mobile phones and smartphones.
"This partnership allows Bell to bring mobile Canadians action-packed NHL hockey entertainment in an exciting new way not available anywhere else on the mobile platform,” said Adel Bazerghi, senior vice president of products at Bell Mobility, in a written statement.
More information on exclusive NHL Mobile content packages and Bell services, is available at bell.ca/NHLmobile.