NEW YORK –
The National Hockey League Friday announced NHL Ice Time - Playoffs Edition™
, the first official NHL app for iPad, is available on the App Store.
The app, which was co-developed by the NHL and its strategic partner NeuLion, is available to iPad users for free during the remainder of the 2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs, and among its many features gives NHL fans access a complete complement of video from the prior night's games, through both condensed games and highlight packages.
"With demand for NHL hockey at an all-time high, we're taking every opportunity to shorten the distance between the League and our fans," said John Collins, the NHL's chief operating officer. "The NHL's new iPad app extends our reach, enabling us to distribute premium content on a platform that is quickly growing and expertly marketed."
The features of NHL Ice Time - Playoffs Edition
for iPad include:
- Live Scores
- Live in-game stats for every team and player;
- Condensed (12-minute) versions of every NHL game;
- Video highlights after each period played;
- Video highlight reels at the conclusion of each game;
- A video archive with thousands of current-season highlights
- Live game radio of every game;
- Ice Tracker™, which allows fans to see where action took place and then view highlights;
- Extensive player profiles with video highlights & detailed in-game stats;
- Game photos;
- And archived results and stats for the current season.