TORONTO - The National Hockey League (NHL) and its corporate partners will celebrate the 2016 Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic™ - the highly-anticipated, regular-season outdoor game between the Edmonton Oilers and Winnipeg Jets - with the Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic™ Spectator Plaza. The hockey-themed, family-friendly official pre-game fan festival will be free and feature hockey attractions, special appearances, live music, food and more. Spectator Plaza will be open to ticketholders for the NHL Heritage Classic™ Alumni Game on Saturday, Oct. 22 (4 p.m. ET, SN, NHLN) and the Oilers-Jets outdoor game on Sunday, Oct. 23 (3 p.m. ET, SN, TVAS2, NHLN). A game ticket will be required to access Spectator Plaza.
Multiplatinum rock band Sum 41 will headline the Spectator Plaza entertainment on Sunday, Oct. 23 at 12 p.m. with a performance of their hits and new music from the group's sixth full-length album, "13 Voices." Almost Famous, one of the most sought after cover groups in Winnipeg, will take the stage on Saturday, Oct. 22 at 11:30 a.m. Tickets to the Alumni Game and the NHL Heritage Classic are available for purchase via http://www.Ticketmaster.ca.
WHAT: Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic™ Spectator Plaza
WHEN: Saturday, Oct. 22: 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., Sunday, Oct. 23: 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
WHERE: University of Manitoba, U Parking Lot (Student Parking)
The following attractions will be free and open to Alumni Game and NHL Heritage Classic ticketholders:
• Stop by the Tim Hortons Coffee truck to receive a free cup of Canada's favorite coffee.
• The Fanatics trailer will offer a vast selection of officially licensed 2016 NHL Heritage Classic™ merchandise and collectibles.
• Visit Fantasy Scoreboards to sample their customizable, real-time Wi-Fi NHL scoreboards.
• Fans can test their skills and score top-shelf at the Target Practice booth, courtesy of High Liner.
• Drop by the Honda tent and check out the all new Ridgeline and 5 Door Civic. Hockey pros can test their shooting accuracy, hit the start button in the back of the CRV and recharge their phones.
• Fans of legal drinking age looking for the ultimate hockey challenge can face off in the first-of-its-kind Molson Canadian Human Bubble Hockey three-on-three experience and enjoy an ice cold Molson Canadian, the official beer of the NHL.
• Step into Reebok's Immersion Zone and augmented reality photo booths to sample the latest Reebok NHL gear and try out the Reebok Hockey Ultimate Challenge floor projection game.
• Stop by the unapologetic Reese Food Truck for a pre-game indulgence of a mouthwatering treat and take a shot with the sharp shooter game.
• Visit the Rogers Fan Hub for innovative and technology-driven interactive experiences, including virtual and augmented reality, that get fans closer to the game and their favorite players.
• Scotiabank will give fans the ability to virtually hit the ice with the Edmonton Oilers or Winnipeg Jets. Fans will stand with the starting lineup as the Scotia Skater for their team in front of a sold out, cheering crowd then receive a 360 degree photo to relive their experience.
• Visit the Upper Deck trading card zone for FREE personalized hockey cards! Be sure to ask about e-pack, the best new way to open free packs and trade cards.
• Get into the game with the Winnipeg Jets Hockey Club by testing your skills just like the Jets do with interactive skills combine. Fans who participate get a chance to win authentic autographed Jets gear. There's something for everyone, from player autographs, selfies with Mick E Moose, giveaways, and so much more!