NHL.com ranks the top 25 forward lines from a fantasy hockey standpoint for the 2019-20 season. For more fantasy coverage, visit NHL.com/Fantasy and subscribe for free to the NHL Fantasy on Ice podcast.
MORE FANTASY COVERAGE: NHL DFS picks | Top 10 waiver wire | Projected lineups
NOTES: Value of the below lines has been quantified based on factors including but not limited to past production, continuity at even strength and collective upside in standard leagues. ... Lines, as always, are subject to change in any given game. … Elite second lines may be included on this list.
1. BOS: Brad Marchand -- Patrice Bergeron -- David Pastrnak (SAME)
2. COL: Gabriel Landeskog -- Nathan MacKinnon -- Mikko Rantanen (SAME)
3. TBL: Steven Stamkos -- Brayden Point -- Nikita Kucherov (+1)
4. CGY: Johnny Gaudreau -- Sean Monahan -- Elias Lindholm (-1)
5. WPG: Patrik Laine -- Mark Scheifele -- Blake Wheeler (+3)
Winnipeg Jets coach Paul Maurice altered his top line against the New York Islanders on Oct. 6, moving Laine to left wing, replacing Nikolaj Ehlers, on the unit with Scheifele and Wheeler. Laine has 10 points (nine at even strength) in six games, and the new line has combined for 16 points (four goals, 12 assists) in the past three games.
6. WSH: Alex Ovechkin -- Nicklas Backstrom -- Tom Wilson (+1)
7. EDM: Leon Draisaitl -- Connor McDavid -- Zack Kassian (+7)
McDavid (12) and Draisaitl (11) rank first and second respectively in points entering Sunday, and each player has started the season with a five-game point streak under new coach Dave Tippett. Kassian set an NHL career high in goals (15) last season and is averaging a point per game (five in five games) this season.
8. NSH: Filip Forsberg -- Matt Duchene -- Mikael Granlund (+1)
9. TOR: Kasperi Kapanen -- John Tavares -- Mitchell Marner (-4)
10. FLA: Jonathan Huberdeau / Frank Vatrano -- Aleksander Barkov -- Evgenii Dadonov / Mike Hoffman (-4)
11. DAL: Jamie Benn -- Tyler Seguin -- Alexander Radulov (SAME)
12. TOR: Andreas Johnsson -- Auston Matthews -- William Nylander (-2)
13. NYR: Artemi Panarin -- Mika Zibanejad -- Pavel Buchnevich (SAME)
14. VGK: Max Pacioretty -- Paul Stastny / Cody Glass -- Mark Stone (-2)
15. PIT: Jake Guentzel -- Sidney Crosby -- Dominik Simon (+1)
16. VGK: Jonathan Marchessault -- William Karlsson -- Reilly Smith (+1)
17. DET: Tyler Bertuzzi -- Dylan Larkin -- Anthony Mantha (+5)
The Detroit Red Wings' top line has combined for 10 of their 16 goals this season, led by Mantha who has eight points (six goals, two assists) in five games. Since March 23, Mantha leads the NHL in goals (14) and points (23).
18. CAR: Nino Niederreiter -- Sebastian Aho -- Teuvo Teravainen (+2)
19. CHI: Andrew Shaw -- Dylan Strome -- Patrick Kane (-4)
After starting the season on a line with Jonathan Toews and Alexander Nylander, Kane is now playing with Strome and Shaw, while Toews is skating with Alex DeBrincat and Drake Caggiula.
20. STL: Jaden Schwartz -- Brayden Schenn -- Vladimir Tarasenko (-2)
21. BUF: Victor Olofsson -- Jack Eichel -- Sam Reinhart (SAME)
22. PHI: Claude Giroux -- Kevin Hayes -- Jakub Voracek / James van Riemsdyk (+2)
23. SJS: Timo Meier -- Logan Couture -- Patrick Marleau (NEW)
Marleau scored two goals in his season debut with the San Jose Sharks on the top line, replacing rookie Danil Yurtaykin, and is worth streaming in deeper leagues.
24. VAN: J.T. Miller -- Elias Pettersson -- Brock Boeser (+1)
25. NJD: Taylor Hall -- Nico Hischier -- Kyle Palmieri (-6)
Dropped out: ARI (Clayton Keller -- Derek Stepan -- Phil Kessel)
Listen: NHL Fantasy on Ice podcast