TORONTO -- As the National Hockey League launches its year-long Centennial celebrations at the 2017 Scotiabank NHL Centennial Classic™ outdoor game featuring rivals Toronto Maple Leafs v. Detroit Red Wings, fans of all ages are invited to join the League and its corporate partners at The PreGame. The official tailgate party will take place at Exhibition Stadium - Parking Lot 2 (170 Princes' Blvd., Toronto, Ont. M6K 3C3) will feature a special concert by alt-rock band Arkells, games, attractions, and the NHL® Centennial Fan Arena, a touring tribute to a century of hockey thrills. The festivities are open to fans of all ages with a ticket to the 2017 Rogers NHL Centennial Classic™ Alumni Game and the 2017 Scotiabank NHL Centennial Classic™ outdoor game.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
(All times local, EST)
Saturday, December 31, 2016
9:00 a.m. - Noon: The PreGame Official Tailgate Party Open (Exhibition Stadium - Parking Lot 2)
9:00 a.m. - Noon: NHL® Centennial Fan Arena Open
9:00 a.m. - Noon: Stanley Cup® Appearance
Noon: 2017 Rogers NHL Centennial Classic™ Alumni Game (Exhibition Stadium)
Click here for the latest roster
Sunday, January 1, 2017
10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.: The PreGame Official Tailgate Party Open (Exhibition Stadium - Parking Lot 2)
10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.: NHL® Centennial Fan Arena Open
11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.: Stanley Cup® Appearance
11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.: Wendel Clark autograph session (Ticketmaster Money Machine activation)
1:00 p.m.: The PreGame Concert presented by SiriusXM featuring Arkells (Main Stage)
3:00 p.m.: 2017 Scotiabank NHL Centennial Classic™ (Exhibition Stadium)
THE PREGAME PARTNER ATTRACTIONS
NHL partners will offer fans on-site with unique activations, games, and experiences. Fans can expect:
• The SCOTIABANK Fan Passport will give fans the chance to instantly win one of 500 prizes including 2017 Scotiabank NHL Centennial Classic™ scarves and Toronto Maple Leafs prizes. Fans can sign up for the Scotiabank Fan Passport upon entry to The PreGame. In addition, Scotiabank sponsored minor hockey teams will showcase their skills on the Scotiabank Sport Pad on site.
• Celebrate Canada 150 at their booth and find out about the many events and activities happening all year-long. Fans can receive Canada 150 sport towels and other promotional items.
• Compare your NHL skills to Jonathan Toews at the CANADIAN TIRE trick-shot challenge and upload your video for a chance to win a trip to Los Angeles for the 2017 NHL® All-Star weekend.
• Do you have a game ready ritual? Visit the CHRISTIE Get Game Ready photo activation; show how you get game ready and receive a free photo of your ritual along with a belVita snack before the big game.
• Visit the 'NHL Centennial Classic™ Official Shop - A Fanatics Experience' for a great selection of officially licensed merchandise and collectibles.
• Fans can test their skills and score top-shelf at the HIGH LINER target practice booth. And don't miss your chance to see Captain High Liner off as he embarks on his year-long Road Trip journey.
• Drop by the HONDA tent and check out the all new CRV and 5 Door Civic. For you hockey pros, test your shooting accuracy in the back of the CRV. Phone running out of juice? We can help you out with our charging stations.
• Fans of legal drinking age looking for the ultimate hockey challenge can face off in the first-of-its-kind MOLSON CANADIAN Human Bubble Hockey three-on-three experience. Whether taking part or just taking it all in, enjoy an ice cold Molson Canadian while you're there, the official beer of the NHL.
• Visit the PRESIDENT'S CHOICE tent to get a free sample of PC Maple Bacon Popcorn and contribute to a custom hockey stick mural that will be showcased at Canada's 150th anniversary celebration in Ottawa.
• Are you looking for a pre-game snack? Visit the REESE food truck where you have the opportunity to try a mouthwatering, indulgent Reese treat and take a shot with our hockey player photo booth.
• Experience augmented reality photo booths to outfit yourself in the latest REEBOK NHL gear and test your skills with the Reebok Hockey Ultimate Challenge floor projection game.
• The ROGERS Fan Hub at the NHL Centennial Classic™ celebrates hockey's rich history over the last century. Filled with innovative and technology-driven experiences, the Rogers Fan Hub showcases virtual autographs and augmented reality to bring fans closer to the game and players they love.
• How hard is your slap shot? Come test your shooting abilities at the SUBWAY® and PEPSI® Hardest Shot where shot speed is registered and displayed for a chance to win SUBWAY® gift cards and other great prizes.
• Visit the SONNET MVP Lounge and celebrate the next 100 years of hockey. Want a personalized live action digital memory? Check. Want to test your skills at the digital slap shot game for a chance to win prizes? Take your best shot. All thanks to Sonnet Insurance.
• The TICKETMASTER money machine will give fans the opportunity to "Get This Close" to the hockey experiences they love by trying to grab a winning ticket for a chance to win cool prizes. Ticketmaster will also be providing lucky youth hockey players with the opportunity to learn new hockey skills from Maple Leafs alumni Wendel Clark.
• Fans can stop by the TIM HORTONS Coffee Truck to receive a free cup of Canada's favourite coffee.
• Fans will have the opportunity to interact with the hometown TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS by touring a mock Maple Leafs Dressing Room in the Leafs Mobile Fanzone and can also get a photo with the Toronto Maple Leafs Centennial Parade Float.
• Stop by the UPPER DECK and Tim Hortons Trading Card Zone to get a free personalized hockey card and be sure to ask about e-Pack, the best new way to get free packs and trade cards.
Tickets are available to the 2017 Rogers NHL Centennial Classic™ Alumni Game and 2017 Scotiabank NHL Centennial Classic™ at www.Ticketmaster.com and www.Ticketmaster.ca, the official ticket marketplace of the NHL.
The NHL Centennial Fan Arena, a touring tribute to a century of hockey thrills, is another main pillar of the year-long Centennial celebration. To view video teasers of the NHL Centennial Fan Arena click here and here. NHL Network™ and NHL.com will provide extensive coverage leading up to and after the game. NHL Social™ will have coverage on all social platforms using the official hashtag NHL#CentennialClassic.