PREDATORS RALLY PAST BLACKHAWKS, ONE WIN FROM ADVANCING
Forward Filip Forsberg scored twice in the third period and Kevin Fiala scored at 16:44 of overtime, and the Nashville Predators overcame being down two goals and defeated the Chicago Blackhawks 3-2 to take a 3-0 lead in their best-of-7 Western Conference First Round Series at Bridgestone Arena on Monday.
All four Stanley Cup Playoff games Monday went overtime; according to the Elias Sports Bureau, it marked the third time in history that happened -- the others were April 11, 1980 and April 10, 1985.
* It's the first time in Predators history that Nashville has a 3-0 lead in a playoff series.
* The Predators overcame a multi-goal deficit in the third period to win a playoff game for the first time in franchise history, according to Elias.
* Elias notes that Fiala (20 years, 269 days) became the youngest player in franchise history to score an overtime goal in the postseason.
* Pekka Rinne (34 saves) surrendered his first goal of the 2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs at 1:05 of the second period to see his shutout streak end at 141:05 - a franchise playoff record.
Video: Fiala's OT winner propels Preds past Hawks in Game 3
Home team in CAPS
Ottawa 4, BOSTON 3 (OT) - OTT leads 2-1
TORONTO 4, Washington 3 (OT) - TOR leads 2-1
NASHVILLE 3, Chicago 2 (OT) - NSH leads 3-0
Anaheim 5, CALGARY 4 (OT) - ANA leads 3-0
DUCKS' COMEBACK LEADS TO 3-0 SERIES LEAD AGAINST FLAMES
Trailing by three goals, the Anaheim Ducks roared back to tie the game before Corey Perry scored at 1:30 of overtime to give the Ducks a 5-4 victory against the Calgary Flames to take a 3-0 lead in their best-of-7 Western Conference First Round series at Scotiabank Saddledome on Monday. It was the first time in franchise history the Ducks came back from being down three goals to win a playoff games, according to Elias.
* Perry scored his second career overtime playoff goal in the postseason (also Game 5 of 2015 second round vs. Calgary) and joined Nick Bonino, Paul Kariya, Scott Niedermayer and Petr Sykora as the only players in Ducks history to score two playoff overtime goals. Perry (33) also moved within two goals of tying Teemu Selanne (35) for the most in franchise playoff history.
Video: Perry scores OT winner as Ducks rally past Flames
MAPLE LEAFS HAVE EDGE AGAINST CAPITALS
In yet another comeback, the Toronto Maple Leafs overcame behind two goals down in the second period, and Tyler Bozak scored on a power play at 1:37 of overtime to lift the Maple Leafs to a 4-3 win against the Washington Capitals at Air Canada Centre on Monday and a 2-1 Eastern Conference First Round lead.
* Elias notes Bozak became the third Maple Leafs player in the expansion era (since 1967-68) to score a power-play goal in overtime in the postseason, joining Mats Sundin (Game 2, 1996 conference quarterfinals vs. STL) and Mike Gartner (Game 5, 1996 conference quarterfinals vs. STL).
* Auston Matthews and William Nylander each scored his first career playoff goals, becoming the third and fourth Maple Leafs rookies to score in the 2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs (also Kasperi Kapanen and Mitchell Marner).
* Elias notes four different Maple Leafs rookies have scored in a playoff year for the first time since 1947 (Vic Lynn, Howie Meeker, Joe Klukay and Gus Mortson).
* Elias adds that Matthews (19 years, 212 days) became the youngest Maple Leafs player to score in the postseason since Daniel Marois (19 years, 192 days) in Game 5 of the 1988 division semifinals at DET.
Video: Bozak's PPG lifts Leafs to 4-3 overtime win in Game 3
SENATORS HANG ON, TAKE 2-1 SERIES LEAD
The Ottawa Senators, who held a three-goal lead in the second period, got an overtime goal from Bobby Ryan at 5:43 of overtime, and the Senators defeated the Boston Bruins 4-3 at TD Garden on Monday to take a 2-1 series lead. It marked the first time the Senators won back-to-back playoff overtime games in their history.
* Elias notes that the Senators won a playoff game in which they gave up a three-goal lead for the first time in franchise history.
* Elias adds that Ryan became the third player in franchise history to score a power-play goal in overtime in the postseason, joining Alexei Yashin (Game 3 of 1998 conference quarterfinals vs. NJD) and Martin Havlat (Game 5 of 2002 conference quarterfinals at PHI).
Chicago Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane became the fourth player in franchise history to score 50 career playoff goals, joining Bobby Hull (62), Denis Savard (61) and Stan Mikita (59). … The Hockey Hall of Fame announced Dave Strader will receive the Foster Hewitt Memorial Award and Cam Cole will receive the Elmer Ferguson Award.
SNEAK PEEK AT TUESDAY'S GAMES
All Times Eastern
Montreal @ NY Rangers, MTL leads 2-1, 7 p.m., CBC, TVAS, NBCSN, MSG
Pittsburgh @ Columbus, PIT leads 3-0, 7:30 p.m., SN360, TVAS2, CNBC, FS-O, ROOT
Edmonton @ San Jose, EDM leads 2-1, 10 p.m., SN, TVAS, NBCSN, NBCSCA