JONES BLANKS BLUES (AGAIN) TO LIFT SHARKS TO 2-1 SERIES LEAD . . .
Martin Jones made 22 saves for his second straight shutout (also 26 saves in Game 2) to help the San Jose Sharks win 3-0 in Game 3 and take a 2-1 lead in the best-of-7 Western Conference Final.
* Jones, who became the first Sharks goaltender to earn consecutive shutouts in the Stanley Cup Playoffs, has not allowed a goal in his last 147:43 of playing time, dating to the second period of Game 1. Evgeni Nabokov holds the Sharks playoff record with a 178:14 shutout streak from April 24-28, 2004.
* Jones improved to 10-5 with a 1.89 goals-against average, .927 save percentage and three shutouts during the playoffs. His three shutouts have come in his past four games (also Game 7 of second round against the Nashville Predators). His 10 wins and three shutouts equal Sharks records for one playoff year, set by Nabokov in 2004 (17 GP).
* Jones became the first goaltender with three shutouts in a span of four team playoff games since the Philadelphia Flyers' Michael Leighton in Games 1, 2 and 4 of the 2010 Eastern Conference Final against the Montreal Canadiens, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.
Video: STL@SJS, Gm3: Jones denies Brodziak's scoring chance
. . . AS TOP LINE SPARKS OFFENSE
San Jose's top line of Tomas Hertl (2-0-2), Joe Pavelski (0-2-2) and Joe Thornton (0-2-2) scored two of the three goals.
* They have combined for 17 goals and 38 points in 15 games this postseason (Hertl: 5-3-8, Pavelski: 9-8-17, Thornton: 3-10-13).
* Hertl had his first multigoal playoff game, including his first game-winning goal in the postseason.
Home Team in Caps
SAN JOSE 3, St. Louis 0 - SJS leads 2-1
DEBUT OF ALL ACCESS: QUEST FOR THE STANLEY CUP
SHOWTIME Sports debuts "ALL ACCESS: Quest for the Stanley Cup" tonight at 9 p.m. ET on SHOWTIME. Fans who do not subscribe to SHOWTIME also have the opportunity to watch the premiere via various platforms, including NHL Network, Sportsnet, NHL.com and SHO.com.
"ALL ACCESS: Quest for the Stanley Cup" chronicles the four teams participating in the 2016 conference finals: the St. Louis Blues, Tampa Bay Lightning, Pittsburgh Penguins and San Jose Sharks. The first-of-its-kind docu-series continues with weekly Friday episodes through the completion of the 2016 Stanley Cup Final.
Click here for more information.
DID YOU KNOW?
Via Elias, when teams are tied 1-1 in a best-of-7 playoff series, the winner of Game 3 holds an all-time series record of 200-97 (67.3%).
The Sharks have won six consecutive home games after losing six of their prior eight at SAP Center (dating to the regular season). … Sharks forward Logan Couture had one assist to extend his League lead and Sharks record for points in a single postseason to 20 (seven goals, 13 assists). … NHL LiveWire: Penguins coach Mike Sullivan was mic'd up for Game 3 of the Eastern Conference Final against the Lightning. Members of the Blues and Sharks also were mic'd up for Game 2 of the Western Conference Final . . . ICYMI: Former WWE wrestler Shawn Michaels accepted an invitation from the Penguins to attend Game 5 of the Eastern Conference Final in Pittsburgh. … Bruce Boudreau, who recently was hired as coach of the Minnesota Wild, threw out the ceremonial first pitch at the Minnesota Twins game Thursday. … The Edmonton Oilers signed forward Zack Kassian to a one-year contract.