Skip to main content

Jenner scores three times as the Generals extend win streak to six games @NHLdotcom

KINGSTON, Ont. - Boone Jenner scored three times as the Oshawa Generals downed the host Kingston Frontenacs 5-2 on Friday in Ontario Hockey League play.

Jenner, who leads Oshawa in goals and points, has scored seven times in his last four games and has moved into third in OHL scoring with 44 goals.

"I think the sky's the limit when you just put your head down and work," said Jenner. "I think it's been focus and my teammates have helped me a lot. We've got some good chemistry."

The victory was Oshawa's sixth in seven meetings this season against Kingston and the second in the past six days.

"We see these guys a lot and we're comfortable playing them," said Jenner. "It's always a hard fought game. They work really hard. We like playing them, but it's a good battle every game."

Justice Dundas and Brian Hughes also scored for the Generals (39-21-4), who extended their win streak to six games, and Tyler Biggs chipped in with two assists.

"I think we're starting to play to our identity, finding the way we're going to have to play in the playoffs and down the stretch," said Jenner about the win streak. "We just gotta keep that up, but keep looking forward and not looking at these past six games. We've gotta keep getting better every day."

Ryan Kujawinksi and Spencer Watson scored for the Frontenacs (25-33-5), who have dropped three games in a row.

Daniel Altshuller made 31 saves for his league-leading 34th win of the season as Mike Morrison allowed five goals on 33 shots before getting pulled midway through the third period. Colin Furlong replaced Morrison and stopped all five shots he faced in relief.

Oshawa went 2 for 2 on the power play while Kingston scored once on three chances with the man advantage.

Dundas made it 1-0 for the Generals at the 2:07 mark of the first period when he jammed home the puck past Morrison and Jenner extended the Oshawa lead to 2-0 with a power-play goal two minutes later.

Biggs thought he made it 3-0, but the goal was waived off due to a high stick.

Watson put the Frontenacs on the board after being left alone in front of Altshuller while on the power play at 12:04 of the second period and Kujawinski fooled Altshuller with a wrist-shot on the rush three minutes into the third period to tie up the game.

Jenner broke the tie, with the eventual winner, on the power play 11 seconds after Sam Bennett was called for a goaltender interference penalty and he and Hughes added two more goals in the span of 32 seconds to put Oshawa ahead for good.

View More

The NHL uses cookies, web beacons, and other similar technologies. By using NHL websites or other online services, you consent to the practices described in our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy.