|The National Hockey League advises any fans lucky enough to have tickets to the new AMP Energy NHL Winter Classic to get to Ralph Wilson Stadium early.
The National Hockey League urges any fans lucky enough to have tickets to the AMP Energy NHL Winter Classic on New Year’s Day to get to Ralph Wilson Stadium early due to security measures. Parking lots open at 8 a.m. and stadium gates open at 11 a.m.
Upon entering the stadium, fans at every gate will be patted down and subject to bag checks. In order for this process to move along at a rapid pace, the NHL suggests you not only arrive early, but also limit the number of items you bring with you and follow all signage and direction from all security personnel.
Here is a list of permitted and prohibited items:
* Additional clothing and blankets (if carried loosely)
* Bags no larger than 12"x12"x12"
* Cameras with lenses of six (6) inches or less
* Food - unopened, single serve containers carried in clear plastic bags
* Seat cushions 15"x15" or smaller
* Small, pocket-sized electronic devices such as radios or hand-held TV's (fans will be asked to turn them on for inspection)
* Aerosol cans
* Alcoholic beverages
* Animals (with the exception of guide dogs for the disabled)
* Bags larger than 12"x12"x12"
* Balls (beach balls, footballs, etc.)
* Bottles, cans, thermoses and other beverage containers
* Cameras with lenses longer than six (6) inches
* Chairs or seat cushions with arms or backs (other than those approved for persons with accessibility needs requirements) larger than 15"x15"
* Clothing with profane or abusive language, obscene graphics, or material considered to be indecent by Stadium Management
* Coolers and ice chests
* Headwear or clothing that may impede the view of fans
* Illegal drugs and substances
* Inflatable devices (balloons, etc.)
* Laptop computers
* Large, professional style camera bags
* Laser pointer devices
* Monopods and tripods
* Promotional materials advertising organizations or companies not affiliated with the Buffalo Sabres or the National Hockey League
* Radios or hand-held TV's larger than pocket-sized
* Sticks or poles
* Video cameras
* Weapons (knives, box-cutters, firearms, etc.)
* Any other items deemed to be dangerous or inappropriate by Stadium Management may be prohibited. Any attempt to bring alcohol into the stadium will be considered a violation of the Fan Code of Conduct and will result in the guest being ejected and may result in arrest and/or ticket purchasing privileges being revoked.